PS Conversion Question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

White97

PS Conversion Question

Post by White97 »

Did the conversion, everything working great. However, I did not swap the tie rods, steering links, etc. I have them from the donor, but my original 65 bolted right to the steering crank and everything seems to be working fine, steers straight, not much slop, by truck standards. Am I missing something? Is the geometry jacked up somehow? I want to get the front end lined up, but if I have to swap the donor steering components I definitely want to do that first.

I didn't swap the donor parts because mine are in better shape.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
bruceandersson

Re: PS Conversion Question

Post by bruceandersson »

I think you are fine. Have a shop check the alignment and enjoy. I've done it both ways, depending on which parts were in better shape.
White97

Post by White97 »

Thanks.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Hi Lou,

Did you get your '65 Slick to the alignment shop yet -- if so, how did it turn out? :dontknow:

BarnieTrk
White97

Post by White97 »

not yet, still looking for someone who can do the alignment. Don't feel too rushed, as it is tracking pretty straight and doesn't seem to have any issues, but with the PS it also had a DJM drop beams, disc conversion, and new king pins. I think as soon as I replace the oil pan gasket I'll send it out for alignment.
Lou

1965 F100 Short Bed