Which floor mat?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

F7BIGJOB
Location: West Greenwich, Rhode Island & Providence Plantations
United States of America

Which floor mat?

Post by F7BIGJOB »

Pulled my seat out yesterday, dropped it off this am at the auto top place [nothing fancy-just the commercial black and fat boy foam :D ] And my floor mat is pretty brittle. never really saw the right one before. Found 2 on DC ,61-64 so it has the inside step cutout like my 65, but asks about big hump and small hump. The 65-72 small hump is 5", big hump is 8" flat floor.
Sooo my hump is 5", is this considered big or small as so I can order the correct one.-Thanks
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Which floor mat?

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

4x4s with 4 speed use the 61-64 high hump mat
except of course the 66 f100 which uses the other style 2wd mat with no step

however you cannot order or buy anywhere an actual 4x4 or f350 and bigger mat
you are stuck with the 2wd mat which has an incorrect steering column hole and no tc shifter hole or in the case of bigger trucks the parking brake lever hole
under my removable ford racing mat which i cut the top so it fits around the column tightly you will see an odd unused hole in the black rubber mat this is the 2wd column hole.
at 15 years old my mat is in need of replacement, guess i will be modifying another, after i get my floor repairs done.

as a longtime owner of a slick 4x4 you must as i know the low amount of production of these trucks to begin with hence not many aftermarket parts are being produced, some things from the 2wd trucks can be used, and some from f350s, most of that would be new old stock items
some bed replacement pieces are now being offered, specifically lower rear panels for the so called wrongbeds.
flareside 2wd 61-64 some parts can be used as well

i opted to go uni on my bed style, tailgate and taillight parts are still made so im good there

been like i said 15 years since i put in the mat, there may be other sources now but i doubt it, however if you do look and find someone making a correct 4x4 mat definitely post it.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
tomquist
United States of America

Post by tomquist »

You have to have it all back together by the 23rd!
F7BIGJOB
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

tomquist wrote:You have to have it all back together by the 23rd!

Seat should be back this Friday, all together-sans floormat.
ICEMAN6166 wrote:4x4s with 4 speed use the 61-64 high hump mat
except of course the 66 f100 which uses the other style 2wd mat with no step

however you cannot order or buy anywhere an actual 4x4 or f350 and bigger mat
you are stuck with the 2wd mat which has an incorrect steering column hole and no tc shifter hole or in the case of bigger trucks the parking brake lever hole
under my removable ford racing mat which i cut the top so it fits around the column tightly you will see an odd unused hole in the black rubber mat this is the 2wd column hole.
at 15 years old my mat is in need of replacement, guess i will be modifying another, after i get my floor repairs done.

as a longtime owner of a slick 4x4 you must as i know the low amount of production of these trucks to begin with hence not many aftermarket parts are being produced, some things from the 2wd trucks can be used, and some from f350s, most of that would be new old stock items
2wd 61-64 some parts can be used as well

been like i said 15 years since i put in the mat, there may be other sources now but i doubt it, however if you do look and find someone making a correct 4x4 mat definitely post it.

Thanks Brian for wrecking my good mood :mrgreen: I figured the cut outs for the tc weren't going to be there [I've got a razor] but did not realize the steering column issue. I still might pull the trigger, my mat is 50 years young but getting real brittle.
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the hole is not real bad, ive had it covered with the racing mat for all these years never really see it unless im cleaning under the top mat, which the area of the black mat under those is still in real good shape.
i used an industrial carpet pad underneath, its kind of rubbery as well but only about 5\16 thick and a bit dense, rather than squishy house type pads
main spots the mat is cracking and splitting is in the curved areas at the top and bottom of the hump.
a lot of that i think is from the extreme cold it lived thru in its former home, they get brittle at 30 below.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

bought mine for an f350 high hump from mac's you have to cut your own holes.firewall to back of cab and door to door.you cut your step cutouts.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_truck ... vinyl.html

not rubber no backing,they do send a very small piece but it's almost useless.the fit is alright but needs to be done on a very hot day

here is what mine looks like. i't in my build thread and this was the only way I could get a pic.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t326 ... CF4017.jpg
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

rwhistles wrote:bought mine for an f350 high hump from mac's you have to cut your own holes.firewall to back of cab and door to door.you cut your step cutouts.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_truck ... vinyl.html

not rubber no backing,they do send a very small piece but it's almost useless.the fit is alright but needs to be done on a very hot day

here is what mine looks like. i't in my build thread and this was the only way I could get a pic.

id go for that already had to cut holes i like the full length under the seat
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

I got the one for no fuel tank but mounted fuel tank on top of it anyway.thats one of the reasons I went with this one Ice and its poly vinl or something.
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
F7BIGJOB
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

Ordered one today from Chucks Trucks in Hamden,Ct -an agent for DC. he said no gear and lightning bolt but it is as close to what I need that he can get, I'll try to post pics when I install it.
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

F7BIGJOB wrote:Ordered one today from Chucks Trucks in Hamden,Ct -an agent for DC. he said no gear and lightning bolt but it is as close to what I need that he can get, I'll try to post pics when I install it.

Hi Steve,
Did you get it yet?
Are you happy with it?
BarnieTrk
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

So, what did the factory floor mat look like on 350 series trucks that had the battery under floor of cab? Not enough of mine remaining to really grasp what it would have looked like....I can't imagine having to remove screws from trim to lift mat before opening the access hatch ??
F7BIGJOB
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

Got it, put it in- pretty happy with it. The floor shifter hole is back just behind my shift tower, I removed both of my shift levers cut out around the shift tower and 4x lever hole the 4x boot covers their knock out hole, there is 2 small [1/8"] holes to the right for parking brake lever on F350 & up [ not noticeable ] the knockout for the gas pedal was reused under the gas pedal as to not see the paint on the floor, like Brian said steering column cutout would be off, it was, I put duct tape behind it and had to trim the top of that piece about the size of 1/2 of a quarter and cut out around my column. The dimmer switch and all else fell into place, with the exception of lightning bolt and gear I am super happy with the results. This one was for '61-'64 high hump. I don't have step trim so I don't have screws to remove the battery access cover [ which I added new 'D' bulb seal around ] only second time I've checked the battery in the last 10 years :P Also got the seat done and all installed- NO I did not take pics, first chance.....

F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

As I would expect, you did an AWESOME job with it, Steve! :thumright: :cheers:

BarnieTrk
F7BIGJOB
United States of America

Post by F7BIGJOB »

BarnieTrk wrote:As I would expect, you did an AWESOME job with it, Steve! :thumright: :cheers:

BarnieTrk

THANKS
NO, I could've, should've but didn't, needs a bit of tweeking, but I just wanted it in.
F7BIGJOB
-Steve

1965 F-250 4x4 Flareside

ImageImage
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

was just thinking about this on the way home, then its the first thing i see.

the mat is identical to the one i have although mine did not survive removal, its 2 sides now.

as far as the f350 and removal of screws to get to the battery, i dont think the custom cab 4x4s and f350s had the step trim from the factory. none of the f350s i ever parted out had step trim nor the screw holes for it.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton