Removing wiper motor

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

"Whitey Ford"

Removing wiper motor

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

Seems my wiper motor went out this weekend. Stopped working and the motor started a buzzing sound. Anyway looking up in there it seems to be tight. Is there a trick to getting it out? Or is it just taking things off to get to it. My heater hose looks in the way and some other stuff.
Girls love a pick-up man.
PFM-64f100

Re: Removing wiper motor

Post by PFM-64f100 »

When I removed mine, I removed the gauge cluster and accessed it from there. The radio was also in the way. It was still a pain to do but doable. Hope this helps.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

Looks like you have a uni. I have not taken a motor out of that style, but have removed them from 63 on up. I use a long extension and a universal joint to get at the bolts. You can remove the clips for the arms with your fingers.
"Whitey Ford"

Post by "Whitey Ford" »

OK thanks alot i didnt know if i could get the motor out itself or had to take the bracket off as well.
Girls love a pick-up man.
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I have always taken the bracket with the motor. The motor to bracket bolts would not be easy to get at.
William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Bracket with motor. Pre-lube the three bolts that hold the bracket from the engine side of the firewall. If you haven't already now would be an opportune time to convert over to two speed intermittent system. All Ford by the way. I am old and fat so I take the seat out for this project. And this provides a good opportunity to clean under the seat. Just sayen.
William-in-St. George
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

I have a uni as well. I have all the parts to do the swap, thanks to Rbeck, who seems to always look out for me.
Since my truck is completely blown apart, I decided to see how it all fits. Seems I have to re-drill the mounting holes to the bracket, and I am missing one of those clips, but the armature seems different and the motor is clocked different.
Does anyone have pics of this swap?
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!