Body line matchup on a '66

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

69supercj

Body line matchup on a '66

Post by 69supercj »

Just wondering if all slicks are this way but on mine when you look down the side from the front, while the bed and cab match up good, the bed seems to run uphill just a tad. Is this correct or do I need to lower the rear of the bed some? Just seems like the fenders and cab are on the same plane but the bed isn't.
Leeroy
Australia

Re: Body line matchup on a '66

Post by Leeroy »

My 62 with 66 bed did exactly as you describe.

You really have to raise the rear of the cab and the front of the bed to be 'straight' or at least mine needed it.
I got under it just before I sold it and the rubbers on the rear cab mount could have been replaced (badly squeezed) but I would have been lucky to gain 1/2" I think.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Here is my original post on the topic.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17853
69supercj

Post by 69supercj »

Yep those pics look about like mine. It seems to depend on the angle of view. But if you kneel down at the front corner of the pickup and look down the door line it is definately noticeable. I'll crawl under mine and see what the blocks look like.
yellodog
United States of America

Post by yellodog »

i leveled mine during my recent do-over. loosened up the cab mounts and the bed the jacked both up till the body line was straight. almost a half inch on both cab and bed to get it right. i used washers with thin plastic discs between frame, cab and bed to eliminate sqeeks. looks so much better, take the time to do it.