Wiper motor wiring ???

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mr. Jones

Wiper motor wiring ???

Post by Mr. Jones »

Last weekend was spent replacing the two under dash arms on the motor.That went well ,I now have two wipers that don't slap the window bottom and park themselves correctly. On Thur. while driving home with light rain the motor started making strange noises (wiper motor).I have a replacement if needed......this one
I'm assuming it's a 71 version,is this the delayed wiper type,notice the adv. and ret, stamped into the round case.
What I need to know is how to correctly connect this harness to my 66.
The 66 harness has three wires black,red and white.I'm thinking red to red black to black not sure about the white.......also the cut grn/red wire what's that for....At this time if this is a delayed type motor,I can get by without that option...
Thanks to all....
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Wiper motor wiring ???

Post by Toyz »

The notations refer to park position adjustment. This looks more in line with the appearance of early sixties ('61/'63) applications, which coincides with the "C1" prefix on the motor.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul