Vintage Air Gen IV

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

William-in-St George

Vintage Air Gen IV

Post by William-in-St George »

Has anyone here installed this system from Vintage Air in a 65 or 66 F Series? I've been researching this system and it seems user friendly and a fairly straight forward installation with minimal permanent changes to our old trucks. I would use the 4 tube plenum and run plumbing through the firewall verses up he cowl through the fresh air system. Also this system does not use an exterior fresh air supply, rather blending cab air and dehumidifying it with a cab drain taking care of the condensation. I considered a hang off the dash system but don't like the hardware taking up cab space. Whatdayathink?
William-in-St. George
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Vintage Air Gen IV

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I`m pretty sure Castruck Kenny has one in his truck,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

William-in-St George

Post by William-in-St George »

Great article and the photos really help. Someday I gotta learn how to post pictures. The main difference I see between the Compact II and the Gen IV unit is that the plenum for the larger Gen IV is on the end verses the Compact unit the plenum is on the top. I am concerned that the 4, 2 inch hoses for the dash registers will be visible coming off the end of the unit rather than off the top of the unit. I would prefer the Gen IV over the Compact unit since it uses all electronically controlled servos for air flow controllers and the hot water control valve. I also want to position the unit as high up under the dash and as close to the firewall as possible to keep it out of sight and reduce the risk of damage from shoes. I don't want to give up the glove box. Vintage air will lend a mock-up unit for the Gen IV I'll try that and see how things work out before I buy the Gen IV.
William-in-St. George
Project66

Post by Project66 »

I created a Vintage Air Install build on my other blog using the Compac II
http://1966f100.blogspot.com/2015/11/vi ... art-1.html
After posting this link I realized that I did post it here as well.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=28932&start=140