Bucket seat ID??

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

Bucket seat ID??

Post by jamesdfo »

SO, fellow slicksters, apparently someone cobbled some buckets into the crewcab back in the seventies, but I don't recognize them straight away, anyone else have any idea what they may be out of?

**I will get some better shots when I'm no longer sick in bed, and the temp outside gets much closer to being above freezing:)

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=859&image_id=12222

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=859&image_id=12223

Cheers!
James
jalipke1124
United States of America

Re: Bucket seat ID??

Post by jalipke1124 »

Possible out of a Mustang
Jim
63 F100 Long bed 351M/C6
64 F100 Long bed
78 F250 4X4
95 F350 4Door Dually
03 Expedition
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

jalipke: These are big & kind of square, and like a big couch, not at all like any of the Mustang seats I'm familiar with??

I'm thinking more along the lines of a bigger passenger car, that still had the option of buckets instead of a bench, like a Ford XL, etc??

Or, they may not even be Ford seats, and I'm even less familiar with "those other brands" :)
jalipke1124 wrote:Possible out of a Mustang
Roger Carter
United States of America

Post by Roger Carter »

Being low back and not having headrests would say they are most likely '68 or older.

My first thought when I saw the pictures was mid 60's GM.

Ford seats of that era typically had a thin metal tag attached to the seat springs. This tag had the seat part number stamped in it.
Roger Carter
longcabjohn
United States of America

Post by longcabjohn »

I'm with roger that trim over the top on the back says GM, probably olds or buick.

Johnny
If restoring a ford was easy, chevy guys could do it.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Well, Roger & John, looks like you got the GM part right, but the closest I found is 1964 Impala SS.
AND, it appears they likely came out of a convertible, because on the SS hardtop seats, the Stainless band only runs up the side of the seat, only the convertible has the SS wrap all the way up and across the top of the seat??

See the links below, which I found after a long session of image searching on google images:)

http://www.ciadellainteriors.com/produc ... Fid%3D2016

Convertible
(**because the url has a set of square brackets, it's messing up the link coding, so you'll have to highlight the url, then right click & select go to ..........)
http://www.ciadellainteriors.com/Galler ... Set[1].jpg

Hardtop

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-IMPALA-SS- ... 42&vxp=mtr

Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Yes James they are GM seats. Had a 64 Pontiac Lemans with seats like that
in it. Don't recall about the shiney stuff around the top of them, but they did have
it on the sides. As I recall they were a pretty comfortable seat. Mine had the
vinyl covers too, but if you could get cloth covers like velour for them you
might decide to keep them. TR
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

TR: Yah, for a brief moment, I had visions of someone paying me $$$ for them:):)....but in the end, I also thought, what else could I buy with the funds that would suit the era of the truck, and other than perhaps a nice set of MUSTANG seats, I dunno? Anyways, plenty of time to make a decision, and even if I was to buck up & recover them, I couldn't do that until I make a decision on what colour the crew will be when done, and that decision is a long ways off.....

James
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I was wondering where those may have originated. I'd say you solved the mystery.

They do have potential, provided they're a good fit in terms of the thickness of the back. The chrome trim is a nice detail.