blue devil transmission sealer

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

1965 stepside

blue devil transmission sealer

Post by 1965 stepside »

so through a recommendation to help seal up the seals in my c4 I bought this sealer. so I was reading on it and it says 1oz treats 1 quart ok so 3 quarts would be 3oz easy enough, but it says to drive around for 2 hours well my 65 is not licensed for the street yet and I live in the city so that is easier said than done. so I am wondering if any one has used this sealer is it worth it and can I just let my pickup run whole going to through the gears every now and then, or am I better off just dropping the tranny and replacing the front pump seal? I am not against doing the work of replacing the seal but just looking for good sound advice to make what ever move I make is a good one
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: blue devil transmission sealer

Post by slick4x4 »

I would just jack up the back wheels off the ground
block the front real good
let idle in drive.....

I used a transmission additive once....worked good
worth a try
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
1965 stepside

Post by 1965 stepside »

that is a good idea
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

My opinion on those products is that they are a last resort. There is no way to rejuvenate dried out rubber or even cork as they do not readily absorb much of anything. Your leaks are most likely coming from any or all of four locations: the pan gasket, the pump seal, the shifter seal, or the tailshaft. All but the pump seal can be addressed with the transmission in the truck. If the transmission is working good except for leaks, why not drop it and spend a few bucks to replace all external seals? I'd also suggest replacing the rear bushing with the tailshaft seal.
1965 stepside

Post by 1965 stepside »

I agree, I was more than likely going to drop tranny and replace seals. thank you for all the opinions