Projector headlights

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

RRTEC

Projector headlights

Post by RRTEC »

I am doing a pro-touring patina build... I decided to buy the projector headlights.

Not sure how I feel about them.. I am going to marinate. For those of you into non stock stuff, thoughts?
f100lights.png
f100lights.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 654 times
Last edited by RRTEC on February 10, 2016, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Projector headlights

Post by Toyz »

I dislike the look, and dislike the narrow beam width on most of them. My factory installed ones work OK; I've removed several after-market type. I want LED's on my trucks, just haven't found any with a semi- original look with decent performance.
:2cents:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
RRTEC

Post by RRTEC »

Holy crap, I drove at night yesterday with these, what a difference!!! even if they dont look the best they function amazing...
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Where did you purchase them out of curiosity?
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Just a suggestion; if the wattage of these exceeds the original 50 watt max, I would highly recommend to relay conversion. Most newer bulbs are rated for more wattage, usually resulting in the infamous "flashing headlamp syndrome" as the old circuit breaker and wiring connectors feel the heat!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
theastronaut

Post by theastronaut »

Those are not projectors, they just have a ornamental lens over the standard H4 bulb. There are other options out there that retain the classic fluted lens look but actually perform much better those.

I have Cibie 7" H4's in my '64 VW and '92 Miata, and have had thier rectangle lamps in my old '87 Conquest TSi. Cibie lamps perform better than the oem halogen lamps in our newer cars.

This is the low beam pattern. Very even, wide lighting with a sharp cut-off for no glare.

High beams:

They have a fluted lens so they look right at home on older cars.

Another option for real HID projectors, Dapper Lighting's 7" lamps.

http://dapperlighting.com/