Black or body-color bed liner?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

matt2491

Re: Black or body-color bed liner?

Post by matt2491 »

I'm planning to use the U-POL Raptor liner product. I've heard great things about it. How thick did the liner end up?

Do you have any pics of your truck?
Just driving my truck.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Leeroy wrote:I went the opposite to everyone's suggestion..... BLACK!

This was straight out of the booth so a little 'glossy' still.
It has a spray Bedliner too, but it was more for durability that looks.
The inside of the bed is in average condition as you can see, but rust free. I intend to still chuck stuff in the back so I didn't care too much about the dents/dings but being black made it much easier for me to touch up with a rattle can down the road as it wears than if it was body colour.
:2cents:

I don't have a better profile pic with black bed, but you get he idea from this pic.
I was pretty happy how it turned out.
Leeroy,
How is your bedliner holding up? My bed is rough. When I fix the rust up front the bed will get a liner. I have seen many different kinds in customers trucks. Mostly the ones on top of the paint seem to peel. I can sand blast the paint and rust from my bed and apply directly to the metal. Figured you could give a good testimony.
Chris
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

So far it's still good. No peeling at all, but I have put a few scrape/scratch marks on the floor. I thought using it for the landscaping would cause the most wear when I shoveled out the back, but Any scratches have been from moving furniture or dumping rubbish.
I'll take a pic and post back for you.