Left side exhaust manifold

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

born4ford
United States of America

Left side exhaust manifold

Post by born4ford »

I'm finally getting each system up and running on the truck and yesterday I started the engine for the first time after a complete overhaul. One issue that reared its ugly head is a leaky left side exhaust manifold by the heat riser. I broke off a bolt on the exhaust pipe side when I disassembled it and ended up putting a helicoil in. The heat riser was a mess but I cleaned it up and "machined" the top and bottom surfaces with my grinder but I was never really happy with it. After running the engine yesterday I could see that I need to tear things apart and start over again. Anyone out there have a GOOD driver's side exhaust manifold that they would like to let go of? I have seen them on eBay for as little as $45 but that just doesn't feel like a good choice. Also, this heat riser http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATP-105001 sure looks like the original on my truck but they don't give compatibility info. Anyone know if it would work? If not, how about a lead to the right part. Or, maybe someone has a good one to sell?

Thanks for any advice you guys might offer.
Mr. Jones

Re: Left side exhaust manifold

Post by Mr. Jones »

PM sent
Truckrat
United States of America

Re: Left side exhaust manifold

Post by Truckrat »

Julie, I have a left side manifold that I blasted and
is just sitting here. Don't have a heat riser with it, but the
manifold is nice if you are interested. TR