Core support

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

RustNdust65
United States of America

Core support

Post by RustNdust65 »

Hey guys asking a favor from some members here. Can someone possibly get me some dimensions for a 65 core support. Height and length at the tallest and longest points would be great plus anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated. Mine is pretty wasted, actually really bad to the point where I can't find more then two flat surfaces to measure off of. My front clip is off and dismantled so I can't just eye ball it. The reason I ask is my truck is completely frankensteined from the previous owner with a lot of shoty work to the point I think it's even titled wrong. Thanks in advance fellas
Truckrat
United States of America

Re: Core support

Post by Truckrat »

Not sure on dimensions a 64 is from a 65, because I don't have
a 65 core. Not sure if there is much difference other than the radiator
mounting and how the inner fenders attach. Iceman would be the Guru
on that. Maybe he will chime in. TR
FOUR29SCJ
United States of America

Post by FOUR29SCJ »

I have a '65 with the front end completely off. (The PO had some fun re-arranging almost all the metal, including the frame horns, fenders, grille, and core support). Although not perfect, I have managed to straighten the core with a persuader (hammer) and eyeballing it to make it usable and save myself lots of $$$.

Length (width) at longest point is 72 7/8". Height at center (tallest) is 22 1/4".
FOUR29SCJ

1965 Ford F100 Long Bed, 352, 3-Speed w/ Overdrive
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe, 302, C4
2000 Ford F150 XLT, SC, 5.4
2013 Ford Flex SEL

"Some things that are true will drive the crowds away because they inform people of what they need to hear, and not what they want to hear." ~ Fred Hutchison
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

The general dimensions of all the core supports are the same. I've made a '64 into a '65 by move the battery tray and inner fender supports over. It may not be exact, but I doubt many could tell the difference.
RustNdust65
United States of America

Post by RustNdust65 »

Thanks guys yea this thing has some scary mismatched pieces I can't even tell what year core support because it's so hacked and mangled both fenders were from two different trucks which doesn't matter but the bolt holes to the inner fender and inner fender to core support are gone/way off it has a 62 grill the title says 65 but the VIN comes back as a 64...all the while it has the I beam suspension. I looked up the vin and it was a Dallas built truck with a straight 6 former owner put in a 351m which is long gone. I'm not sure what year it truly. The Vin on the frame is gone so I can't cross check it. Either way it isn't a problem I know I'll have to trial and error most things body wise but luckily its enter changeable.
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Vin should be stamped on chassis in more than one location, see diagram below