Two tone paint jobs?

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

robertrpeak

Two tone paint jobs?

Post by robertrpeak »

On the factory two tone paint, was white the only second color to be used? My truck was solid black from the factory, and I'm thinking I want to go with black/white, just can not find any pictures of a factory painted truck.

Robert
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Two tone paint jobs?

Post by Toyz »

I would think any combo could be ordered; the more palatable combos were probably available from dealer inventory, while more "distinctive" combos probably required a Domestic Special Order. My favorite; Emberglow/ Sahara tan.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

I don't know if it was factory or not but blackwaterforge has a beautiful two tone f250 that's black/red.

Also 1964 700 has a similar combo on a big slick

These are both fantastic looking slicks, if I had a straight one and did it all again (ahhhh no Leeroy!) I'd consider this combo seeing how good theirs both look.

Do a search for their member names and you'll find plenty.
robertrpeak

Post by robertrpeak »

So, I've been scanning pics on google for a couple hours, saw a lot of red/white and green/white combos, {factory types} but no other factory colors in the two tone style. Thanks for the replys....
I'm thinking black/white for mine...

Robert
BarnieTrk

Post by BarnieTrk »

Toyz wrote:....... My favorite; Emberglow/ Sahara tan. Paul
Hi Paul,
Do you happen to have a pic of this combo? If you do, please share!
(I'm having trouble picturing this color combo..... )

Thanks! 8)
BarnieTrk