Tire opinions please

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Slicksty4

Tire opinions please

Post by Slicksty4 »

Gang, I'm needing some tire advice. My current tires are 15+ years old and its time. I want to put 8's in the rear with as much tire as possible to fill up the well (leaning toward 275/60-15) I plan to stay with red steels. My dilemma is I cant decide whether to go blackwall, whitewall, or white letter. I cant find a 275/60 in a whitewall and don't really want to pay $275+ per tire for Silvertowns either. I am leaning toward Cooper Cobras and that means blackwall or white letters out. What are y'alls opinions? Can someone photoshop both on my truck for me. I plan to go with spiders or 56 tbird hubcaps depending on how it looks.

Truckrat
United States of America

Re: Tire opinions please

Post by Truckrat »

Slicksty4, that truck of yours looks good. Yeah old tires like that can get iffy at highway speeds. Had some come apart on me. Wasn't much fun. Check your offset on the wheel you plan to use on the back. I used the 15x8 factory truck wheels from the 80s that look like the wagon wheels you see everywhere. I had 10.50x31-15s on them and they fit fine.
You can also use a 255/70-15 on them and fill up the wheelwell.
275/60-15s will fit too, just shorter in diameter. TR
64 f100

Re: Tire opinions please

Post by 64 f100 »

Mostly, I run maypops. Just don't drive very far out of town. Truthfully, I run used tires all the time, but not usually looking for staggered sizes. However, I buy just about any used 15 inch tires in good condition I run across. Had some kids knifing tires come thru my shop yard and did a number on about 8 tires. What a pain, ruined those tires by putting a knife thru the sidewalls. Did not notice it , but they also tried breaking into my shop thru a back window by busting it out. I have a judgement against the boys for 600$ , but good luck getting anything. Out of town older boy was the culprit and ringleader, but local boys got caught and sentenced. Just glad they could not get into the shop.

Rich