Brake line vibration coil

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

born4ford
United States of America

Brake line vibration coil

Post by born4ford »

I have replaced nearly everything in my brake system while retaining drum brakes all around. I added a dual pot master cylinder and ran new brake lines putting a vibration coil on the front brake side out of the MC and on the back line coming from the MC I slipped a piece of rubber hose over the line and added a clamp that attaches to the body about 18" out from the brake light switch where it heads down before going under the cab. From there the brake line is clamped and supported about every 3 feet.
So, here's my question - I had a guy help me out with an electrical issue a few weeks back and he looked at my brake lines and told me I needed to add a vibration coil to the the rear brake line also. What do you guys think? I think I have the line secured and supported pretty well and that adding a vibration coil wouldn't hurt but probably wouldn't add that much protection. I can figure out how to add pictures if anyone thinks that's necessary.

Julie
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: Brake line vibration coil

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

15 years without any and lots of 4 wheeling, never broke a brakeline yet.

thought about getting a longer piece of line and making one when my truck was apart this winter and i replaced my leaky mc but the brakeline i had was the same length so its back the way it was.
its not so tight that it cant move at all but it certainly has no coils
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Mr. Jones

Post by Mr. Jones »

B4F,
I'm assuming when you ran the lines that a rubber line was installed from the frame to the rear end if so.Then like Brian said it's probably not necessary. I've never heard of such a thing.My 250 is anchored to the frame like you've done and ends at the rear rubber line.
Dan
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

My only reason for the coils is my choice to avoid the trouble of cutting and flaring lines. I simply buy replacements with fittings in place, get them a little longer than needed, then coil the excess. As others, I have never encountered a problem which could realistically be blamed on lack of "vibration dampers".
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
born4ford
United States of America

Post by born4ford »

That's what I had figured but when you have a bunch of guru's who have been through it all before it would be silly not to ask. Thanks for the input.

Julie