mopar comparison of 1965 trucks

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

mopar comparison of 1965 trucks

Post by shipwrecked »

found this video on youtube this morning. i kind of laughed at the certain one side excitement.

not bashing the chev or dodge. i actually like the Dodge trucks from the 60;s but you never see any. Ive seen one in person about 5 years ago.

https://youtu.be/iMCT5uZ09UQ
Last edited by shipwrecked on June 5, 2016, 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: mopar comparison of 1965 trucks

Post by SteveCanup »

My neighbor has a '53 Dodge 1/2 ton that he bought about 6 months ago for $950. It is all original and he is about to get it running and driving. He also has a '60 Dodge 1/2 ton with the fleetside bed (which is identical to the Fords) that he is building. He just put a Sid's drop axle under it and is building a hemi to go in it. He has 2 '65's in various stages of dis-assembly. And finally, he bought a '55 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer about 4-5 years ago for $1200. It only has 63,000 miles on it and is all original...even with the original upholstery under the seat covers. It's a four door and he bought it for the hemi, and then decided that it was too nice to part out...so I have "Dodge City" next door....(rolls eyes....lol...) It is amazing how many parts are similar to the Fords on these old trucks though.
1964 F-100
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

As usual a lot of BS interspersed with more of the same. On top of which, lets show the truck off with a guy in a suit opening the tailgate. Dodge had the ugliest trucks for years and did not change the body styles much for long periods of time. The real proof of how good those trucks were, is in how many are still out there being used. There was a reason Ford out sold Dodge in the truck lines. Personally, I cannot drive a Chrysler product, those fall apart under me. Which is sad, as Chrysler in recent years make some of the better looking cars and trucks out there. I found the commercial interesting and thank you for posting. I hadn't realized that Chevy used the tailgate chains on their fleet side truck bed. All the auto makers put out this kind of stuff, and there is a collector market for the literature . Films like this one are harder to come by.
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Video did not work for me. The reason you do not see many old Dodge trucks is that they were out sold by Ford and Chevy by probably 15 to one combined. Stands to reason you would see less. Does that make them a bad vehicle? No. As with anything the more there are of something the more popular it becomes with the masses. For example McDonalds and Burger King or Subway and Jimmy Johns. McD's and Subway are number one in their category due to numbers. There are less Dodges restored than Fords. With that said when a restored or not restored Dodge is at a show it draws a crowd around it. This is because you just do not see that many. Also because of that fact when one is sold it brings a higher dollar than a Ford or Chevy does due to the fact it is rarer. I laugh at those who say a Chrysler product falls apart around them. Yea mid 70's into the 80's I will even admit they were junk. But someone tell me what mfr has not built their share of junk? I'm a Mopar guy. I have always loved them and always will. I have driven Mopars almost exclusively since high school. I have put hundreds of thousands of miles on each one and owned every one of them for 10 years or more with no problems other than a transmission go out on my 86 W100 at 157,000 miles. I had a 68 Impala SS in high school. wish I still had that car. And I have my 64 F100 that I love. All cars are great, especially old ones.
robertrpeak

Post by robertrpeak »

I can not see video, it says error occurred try again... But anyhow, I have a Dodge as well as a Chevy, along with the Ford, guess I like them all about the same.

Robert
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

I drove a 62 Dodge long bed with a slant 6 when I was first driving (actually before I was legal to do so). It was my dad's $200 pickup. That summer, my folks had purchased an old house next door to their property and were tearing it down. Every evening we tore some more of it and loaded the truck. Next morning I drove out to the dump and unloaded the truck to repeat the process. It was a great old truck. Wished it was still around.
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

The local Napa in my hometown has a 65 or 66 (I think) W100 Power Wagon out behind it. The owner took the transmission out of it to restore his Adventurer or D100, can't remember which. The truck looked pretty solid, and was complete aside from the trans. I asked him about it and he said he'd sell it but it was one of those "why dont you make an offer" type deals. It's still sitting there and has been ever since I can remember.
There was also locally a 68 or 69 D200 crew cab pickup I used to see driving around Syracuse. Looked like the owner still used it for construction. It was pretty cool. The only time you really see old cars around Syracuse is during the Nationals.

Those are the only two Dodges of that vintage I've ever seen in person.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

Video works now it is kind of funny to watch.