73-9 brake booster

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66camperspecial

73-9 brake booster

Post by 66camperspecial »

I just got done installing a 76 brake booster to go with the 76 disc brakes I installed a couple years ago,I had to space out the booster one inch just to be able to hook it to the pedal and the pedal sticks ups a little too far for my liking so how much does that rod need to be shortened to get the pedal back to where its supposed to be.
Flatiron7
United States of America

Re: 73-9 brake booster

Post by Flatiron7 »

I recently installed a 76 f100 power booster on my 66 f100, while doing a disc brake swap for the front end. I had cleaned and painted the linkage prior to installing and also found the rod to the brake peddle a little too long. I removed the rod (a flat bar) and had a guy at work cut out a new one, with the hole at the booster end only. I temp installed the booster, and aligned the rod with the peddle at the height that I wanted, to match the clutch peddle. I marked the rod, removed the booster assembly. Drilled the rod and reinstalled the booster, it fit fine. I bought a ford brake light switch, and mounted it so it would close ( brake light on) as soon as I pressed the brake peddle. Good luck with your project.
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I used a '77 booster on a couple of slicks. I don't recall if I used the original rod or the one for the booster, but I only had to move the hole in the pedal a slight bit. Welded the old hole and re-drilled where needed.
66camperspecial

Post by 66camperspecial »

I think I am going to use a 73-9 pedal too for the brake light switch.