Window roller broke

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

66camperspecial
United States of America

Window roller broke

Post by 66camperspecial »

Shut the drivers door at the store today and heard a loud thud and the window did not come back up so I took it apart when I got back home and the plastic roller broke,ordered 4 and while I was at it ordered the headlight adjusting kit so I can finally adjust the headlights. Going to have 3 extra rollers in stock so I will have them when another breaks.
64 f100

Re: Window roller broke

Post by 64 f100 »

It's always good to have extra's. Now it's three years later, and one breaks, and where the heck did I put those rollers so I would know where to find these when I need one? I find that if I have several extra's then it makes it easier for me to spread these things out. More apt to find one that way while searching thru everything I own. At least I may be able to find one roller eventually.
66camperspecial
United States of America

I was thinking about grabbing some from the junkyard but those trucks have been sitting there for over 30 years and are just as brittle,but new ones were only 1.95 each and should have gotten more but 4 should do me for awhile.
66camperspecial
United States of America

I can now see better at night,got all the head light adjuster parts on and adjusted,that head light adjuster kit was one of the best 20 dollars I spent at a swapmeet.