Slick Shop Unpacking, putting away and etc. continues

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Slick Shop Unpacking, putting away and etc. continues

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Things are progressing with the unpacking of my shop. Trying to sort things out into some kind of a logical category as I go: Door parts (hinges, striker plates, handles, etc in one box. Hood hinges in another, lights in another, new bolts/nuts here, old rusty bolts/nuts there, etc, etc. Then getting them into a cabinet or drawer if the pieces are small enough, or if larger onto a shelf. Need to get the workbenches cleared off so I can stand on them and hang my Citgo lights from the steel beam.

Remember this stuff has been sitting in my new shop for over three years, so some days it's a little like Christmas. "I didn't know I had that". I have most of the boxes unpacked and so far am missing the ends of the dash chrome, the little gap hiding clips off the chrome windshield surround, The square u-bolts for a set if mono-leaf springs and a small electric AC winch. I've looked in file cabinets and my desk drawer for the little pieces with no success. The winch is a puzzler though. It's a decent size so not easy to overlook unless it got stuck in one of my trucks out back.

Las night I realized that I was missing three or four drawer cabinets from the old shop. They may have gotten left as I finally got worn out and tired of moving stuff, though my friend went over and made a couple of trips afterward and brought back a couple of small trailer loads of odds and ends. Oh well no biggie.

Here's a shot of my old shop in West Monroe as we were moving in, slowly and carefully placing things where they needed to be and before signs hung:
I can assure you that it didn't look like that when we moved out.

And here's a couple of shots of where I am today. Mostly just moving stuff around at this point. That's been part of the problem, having to move one or two things in order to get to another to move and then, well you know.

Taken from left door:
Taken from right door:
But you can see patches of concrete.

BTW: I had to tear out four rooms that had been built in the space by a PO. 40X40 space, 2X6 studs, fire rated sheetrock. Was quite a chore.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
bird55
United States of America

Re: Slick Shop Unpacking, putting away and etc. continues

Post by bird55 »

Great space!, you probly already know about thegaragejournal.com
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Re: Slick Shop Unpacking, putting away and etc. continues

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Yep, great ideas over there.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer