1962 unibody trailer hitch

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

bbrix
United States of America

1962 unibody trailer hitch

Post by bbrix »

Hi folks. I have been searching, to no avail, for a trailer hitch for my 62 unibody. Maybe I'm searching improperly. Could use some advise or ideas here. Thanks, B
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: 1962 unibody trailer hitch

Post by jamesdfo »

The chassis under your Uni is the same as any of the conventional cab straight axle models (of the same series, ie F100 uni vs F100 conv cab, F250 Uni vs F250 conv cab) up to 1964, the only unknown is weather or not commercially available hitches will clear the rear "Valance" panel.
bbrix
United States of America

Post by bbrix »

jamesdfo wrote:The chassis under your Uni is the same as any of the conventional cab straight axle models (of the same series, ie F100 uni vs F100 conv cab, F250 Uni vs F250 conv cab) up to 1964, the only unknown is weather or not commercially available hitches will clear the rear "Valance" panel.
. Ok, the would explain that when I do a search I am always told this hitch will not fit my truck. I'm thinking I should take more careful measurements of my own, IE bottom of frame to bottom of valance and search using those perimeters. I appreciate the input. We would like to pull our restored 1958 Oasis camper with this pick-up.
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

A good trailer/hitch store will build one for you. May cost a little more. I think the rear frame is the same width up thru '72. One of these might be able to be made fit. I bought one for my '66 not too many years ago that was an easy bolt-on and left he spare in place.
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-1963_For ... tep+Bumper

They don't show a class 4 or 5 hitch for our trucks. But they do show several hitches.
Just enter you year bla bla bla an ta da....

More $$$ than I'm willing to spend.
I pulled a class 5, from an other brand toner in the wrecking yard for $10.
I'll narrow it down to fit my frame.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle