Some slow progress, seats.

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Leeroy
Australia

Some slow progress, seats.

Post by Leeroy »

Hey all,

Been a bit busy past few months with moving house and worked to the bone! Anyway, I have the interior finished off now save for a radio (Cleveland noise is good for now)

I went with white for the roof and the factory layout for the seat, but used a cloth houndstooth insert instead of the woven plastic. I'm really happy with it,

LM14
United States of America

Re: Some slow progress, seats.

Post by LM14 »

You've put your truck together backwards!

Great looking interior. Like the houndstooth, looks like it belongs there.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Truck looks GREAT!

Is your dash painted or padded? I've got the same color scheme on my truck but my interior is different which I don't care for. Like the shoulder belts. Where did you source them and how are they mounted?
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

That is a nice look....
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

The seats are really good looking. The houndstooth really sets them off.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

orangeRcode the dash is painted, I don't think we got padded dashes this side of the pond. (Never seen one)

The seat belts were in it when I bought it and look like they have been there from the beginning. They have a funny inverted T bushing mount through the floor that's threaded to accept the seatbelt bolt and the top is just a hole drilled with a very large thick washer on the other side with a bolt. I can take a pic if you need?
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

Approved!
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Leeroy wrote:orangeRcode the dash is painted, I don't think we got padded dashes this side of the pond. (Never seen one)

The seat belts were in it when I bought it and look like they have been there from the beginning. They have a funny inverted T bushing mount through the floor that's threaded to accept the seatbelt bolt and the top is just a hole drilled with a very large thick washer on the other side with a bolt. I can take a pic if you need?
A pic would be great. I'm going to making some changes to my interior as I don't care for some of it. I had lap belts only on the 67 and 68 Mustang but they have both been sold and need to upgrade the belts in the Slick.
Leeroy
Australia

Post by Leeroy »

Not sure if these will help or not,
Your driver side so you can orientate yourself....

The nut is welded to the little plate it's sitting on and that plate has a smaller square sitting at the very top which protrudes into the cab and rests flush with the floor from inside the cab.

This is the opposite side so you can see where it fits in the cab, but the welded nut and square fitting in the floor mean you just need to tighten the bolt, no need to grip it from underneath.

Not sure, maybe there's a factory plug or somewhere there you could knock out?
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

looks GREAT!! love the seat..