Sheet Metal Parts

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

granthuggins

Sheet Metal Parts

Post by granthuggins »

Anyone have any experience with LMC's new "Complete Floor Pan Assembly"? It would save a BUNCH of time if the quality was there...
bruceandersson

Re: Sheet Metal Parts

Post by bruceandersson »

I've always looked for a complete better cab when dealing with rust issues. I'm in the rust belt and it can take some time, but I've always been able to locate some pretty good original ford metal without having to travel too far. $1399 will cover the cost of a cab plus a lot of gas. You will still have a lot of work in replacing a complete floor as you have to keep the rest of the cab in position while completely removing a major structural component.
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

Can't imagine shipping something like that would be very good to some people.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

If possible I am a fan of patching with WAY thicker metal than stock.. Eliminate the ability for it to rust thru again in your life time !

However I do understand the desire for correct looking repairs where the stock carpet fits easily as well.

Darrel and I did some floor patches that required two people to make the bends in the metal plate ;)
62bigwindow
United States of America

Post by 62bigwindow »

The big question would be quality. That's a hit or miss subject with LMC.
Every day above ground is a good one