Explorer seats

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

animalv
Canada

Explorer seats

Post by animalv »

Just wondering if anyone has tried to put explorer seats in a 66
64 f100

Re: Explorer seats

Post by 64 f100 »

I used some but I had to do some mods to the seat back frame. Would not let the seat go back enough had the back hit the back glass and seat would not come back enough to get comfortable . I took the seat backs off removed the upholstery then somewhere around 8 or so inches from the top, heated and bent the two sides and moved the top forward around 3 inches. Sill wasn't enough to get the back of the bottom seat all the way to the tank. Lot of work all in all, when Mustang seats work well with the right brackets. I've been told that the later 70's truck seats got better with more low back support. I have either a 72 or a 76 , Can't remember which, it's very comfortable.
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

I have a pair of first generation Explorer, Eddie Bauer cloth buckets in my 61 f250 .. 11ga. Home built brackets. No gas tank in the way, mustang tank in the frame rails. I didn't do any major mods to the seats. I'm 6'1" and 220 lbs and they work fine. If you're a big around the mid section or much over 6' they are not for you...
They sit level across the bottom and straight up on the back. Since I had no seat when I bought the truck, I made $25 for the pair work.

I will do the mustang or t- bird seats some day.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
ras4434
United States of America

Post by ras4434 »

Early Bronco seats work as well and are typically cheaper. Still need to modify the brackets though.
Ross Swearingen
1965 F100 "MIKI"
1965 F100 4x4 looking for a new home