Calling all '65-'66 truck owners

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

Calling all '65-'66 truck owners

Post by FORDification »

I'm currently working on putting together a very detailed VIN decoding page straight from the Master Parts Catalog. This will include interior trim codes, which translate into color and type/pattern of fabrics used. I'm hoping you '65-'66 owners can look at your warranty tag and tell me if anyone has a 4-digit code under the BODY section. I think most will be 3-digit, but if you've got a 4-digit code I'd sure like to know, and if you could post a shot of your tag that would be better. I'm mainly curious when/if they ever used the 4-digit codes...the MPC says they did, but I don't recall ever having seen one. Just want to make sure this page is accurate. Thanks!
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
Michelle
United States of America

Re: Calling all '65-'66 truck owners

Post by Michelle »

Here is a four digit code for you. Its not my truck but they are not that uncommon, I know o several. If you will go to the 65, 66 Ranger forum in this site you will see several of them. There were at least five different four digit codes for F100 through F1000 series truck including N series trucks

Last edited by Michelle on November 27, 2016, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Cool! Thanks, I'm headed there now. :D
Keith
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
chris401
United States of America

1965 Accelerator Pedal Change

Post by chris401 »

Supposedly floor hinged gas pedals ended at serial number 380,000 and suspended pedals ran from 696,001. However, both of my 65's, sn# 702*** and 704***, came with hinged pedals. They were built June 65 in Kansas City, Mo.
Chris
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

chris401 wrote:Supposedly floor hinged gas pedals ended at serial number 380,000 and suspended pedals ran from 696,001. However, both of my 65's, sn# 702*** and 704***, came with hinged pedals. They were built June 65 in Kansas City, Mo.
Keith or anyone else,
Are those the same serial numbers in the official Ford documents?
Chris
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

My truck was built in April of 65 and it had the suspended pedal. I am in Houston tonight, but as soon as I get back home I will check my Ford parts manuals see what it has to say.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

I haven't seen any documentation stating this yet, but I'm just getting started researching, so...
Keith
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Michelle wrote:My truck was built in April of 65 and it had the suspended pedal. I am in Houston tonight, but as soon as I get back home I will check my Ford parts manuals see what it has to say.
I appreciate it. Maybe that line ran out of suspended pedals and used what was in stock.

Where was it built?
Chris
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Chris, I looked this up in my parts manual and I have the latest edition that was printed from Ford so it should be good, and it says the same thing 696,001 was the change serial number. Its like I have been saying for a long time. With Ford there is nothing carved in stone.
Michelle