1964 Body Builders Layout Book getting scanned...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

1964 Body Builders Layout Book getting scanned...

Post by FORDification »

One of my newest acquisitions of vintage factory literature is a copy of the 1964 Ford Trucks Body Builders' Layout Book. This book contain complete body and chassis dimensions and diagrams for all 1964 Ford trucks. Tonight I got started scanning the first of about a dozen diagrams of the F-series light-duty trucks that will be eventually included at FORDification.info. Since this manual is 10" x 14", it won't completely fit on my flatbed scanner, so each page has to be scanned a total of four times and then stitched together in Photoshop. After about two hours work getting the pieces lined up, stitched together and cleaned up I have the first ready for viewing. This is the chassis dimensions diagram for the F100 SWB truck.

These diagrams will be posted in high-resolution for easiest viewing and printing out. (The diagram posted here is a sized-down version.) For the time being, these diagrams will be available in the Technical Section of the website here:

http://fordification.info/tech.htm

Eventually I'll probably construct a separate page with links to all the diagrams, but this will suffice for now.
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: 1964 Body Builders Layout Book getting scanned...

Post by SteveCanup »

Following...
1964 F-100
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

That's great Keith, and here's hoping you're able to locate one for the '66 as well, it woould be very helpful in the resurrection of my Crewcab:)

James
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

P.M.sent
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

jamesdfo wrote:That's great Keith, and here's hoping you're able to locate one for the '66 as well, it woould be very helpful in the resurrection of my Crewcab:)

James
I will be keeping my eyes open on E-bay to see if I can pick one up...I actually hope to have all the model years covered, eventually. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen. However, if anyone happens to have one of these Body Builders books they'd be willing to loan me for a week or so so I could scan and post the pages, that would really speed up the process.
Keith
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

The body builders books are great. I have a bunch of them for the sixties and seventies. I also have the Ford Master factory wiring diagram books for those same years. The Master wiring diagrams include wiring for all Ford built cars Falcons, Comets, Mercury's, Lincoln all of them and Ford trucks from F-100 on up to the big ones.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
bird55
United States of America

Post by bird55 »

I appreciate your hard work effort and time devoted to the task and willingness to share. Thank you!
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, I also have all the Body Builders' Books from '67 thru '79, plus a few '80s books. I also have all of the bumpside-era wiring books (the big ones that cover all Ford vehicles) and a couple of the dentside-era books. Never thought I'd also be expanding into the Slicks trucks...but here I am. ;)

As I type this, I now have all the chassis schematics from the '64 Body Builders' Book scanned and posted, and getting started on the body schematic diagrams. I'm eyeballing some other vintage literature available online, but man, these books are expensive!
Keith
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I bought most of my books years ago and at that time they were cheep because no one seemed to be interested in them. I bought some at swap meets and some on fleebay.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
theinternetkid

Post by theinternetkid »

Wow, that is really detailed. Do you know if anything like this exists for the uni-bodies? I tried a couple of google searches that didn't really produce results. I was able to find earlier and later years though.
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Yes, they're out there...but aren't the easiest to find for sure. I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for the appropriate book for each model year and will get each one scanned and posted as they become available.
Keith