Sebring Convertible Replacement seats

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64since79

Sebring Convertible Replacement seats

Post by 64since79 »

My 64 F100 Custom Cab is *NOT* original. With an IHC engine and Mopar Tranny out of my dad's old International crew cab, and disc brakes on the front, I'm not too strict about staying original. That said, i really prefer my original bench seat. However, it needs reupholstering, and seat belts are just lap belts. I have the option of getting for free a nice set of Sebring Convertible seats. The drivers seat is power, and they have built in seat belts. There's a center console, but i'm not sure if that'll work.

I searched and found one reference to 'sebring seats', and I'm just wondering if y'all have thoughts on the subject.

Bob
64Since79
Rust free since 2003!
bruceandersson

Re: Sebring Convertible Replacement seats

Post by bruceandersson »

You have to watch the clearance between the seat and the steering wheel. Probably not a problem as I suspect the sebring seats are lower than the stock bench. If they are free, why not try them and see how they work. You might run into issues with the tracks if they are not level.