Heads-up: Custom Cab Door Insert Trim Clips

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

Heads-up: Custom Cab Door Insert Trim Clips

Post by jamesdfo »

Well, after a number of recent threads on another channel regarding sourcing the clips for the CC Door panel Insert trim, I did some digging.....

UPDATE: Tues, Jan 31/2017
I called Carolina Classics yesterday, thinking that the clips not showing up on their webpage was because of the major revamp to the site.
Well, turns out their supplier is no longer making them, as they felt the demand isn't there.
He gave me the supplier's name, and when I called they do have about 100 clips left in stock (after my order to top up my quantity on hand to where it needs to be to do all four doors on a Crewcab)

Supplier info is below

Melvin's Classic Ford Parts
1521 Dogwood Dr.
Conyers,GA 30012
Sales: 770-761-6800
Fax: 770-761-5777

Source for Mustang, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxie, T-Bird, Model-A, 48-79 Ford Truck & Ford Parts

Item Listing
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll ... Z50001018c

***Last post on the other channel puts stock @ ~70 clips left.......

James
orangeRcode
United States of America

Re: Heads-up: Custom Cab Door Insert Trim Clips

Post by orangeRcode »

James, thanks for the heads up. I ordered some.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Well just got a call from the supplier. Their website took my order and credit card but evidently they didn't have any to fill my order. They must not have their website connected with inventory. :bs:
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Rob: Just got your PM a few minutes ago, sorry to hear that. That is one of the reasons I always prefer calling (despite the cost of the call)

Well Lads, all of the 100 plus they had yesterday when I ordered mine (BY PHONE) have been scooped up!
I understand that Melvin is about to retire, and his son is buying the business from him, so it is possible that once they get ownership changed over they may commission another production run, so it couldn't hurt to check back in a few months....

James
randymcfp
United States of America

Post by randymcfp »

Hey guys, I wanted to provide an update on these clips. I have contacted the factory to get current pricing and how many we will have to produce, and I should hear back some time Friday hopefully. I am compiling a list of people who need these and how many you will need, so please email me at randy@melvinsclassicfordparts.com. I will do my best to keep all the threads updated with the latest info as I get it. Our family business has been operating for 30 years now, helping Ford car and truck enthusiasts restore their classic vehicles. Please give us a try and we will do our best to help you with your restoration as well! You can either call us, email me or visit our website: www.melvinsclassicfordparts.com
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

I had an email this A.M. from Randy @ Melvin's Classic Ford Parts, he has commissioned another run of the Custom Cab Inner door insert trim clips.
He's supposed to let me know when they arrive, along with pricing, but doesn't expect them before mid July (and mfgr's don't always deliver when promised)

I'll post again when they've actually landed......

James
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Glad to see Randy stepping up for this endeavor!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Tues Aug 28/2018

Well, just received an email from Randy @ Melvin's Classic Ford Parts, and he now has the Custom Cab Door Insert Trim Clips back in stock!!

http://www.melvinsclassicfordparts.com/

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll ... Z50001018c

Cheers!
James