Steering Column Question

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

Steering Column Question

Post by Michelle »

I am in the process of gathering parts to change the transmission out from a New Process four speed to a C6 automatic in my 65. I have a steering column for an automatic. I was taking it apart today to clean it and paint it and there was a loose part floating around inside. It was not attached to anything. I have looked and looked and I can't find where it goes or for that matter what function it performs. I have looked in my illustrated parts breakdown for the steering column and can't even find the part in the breakdown. I have several pictures of it from different angles. Can someone ID the part for me and tell me what it does and where it attaches.

Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Re: Steering Column Question

Post by Michelle »

I think I figured it out. It goes on the back side of the turn signal switch. I kept viewing small hole in the bottom as a screw hole, but it turns out it goes over the back side of the signal switch. The piece was broken off from the back side. On the search now for a steering column flange.

Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.