A Missed Opportunity

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

A Missed Opportunity

Post by Michelle »

Ford missed a great opportunity to build a truly unique truck. I did a crude photo shop of a 1957 Mercury upper quarter panel mated into the side of my 65. It would not have been a costly mod either. All they would have had to do was the attach it at the seam just above the lower bed panel. The rest of the bed could have put together with all stock parts. It would have been a totally different Ranger with the RANGER letters placed where the MERCURY letter are.

Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
bird55
United States of America

Re: A Missed Opportunity

Post by bird55 »

I like the concept.
Are you saying that this Mercury sheetmetal and trim would be of the correct scale to fit the truck?
If not doesn't look like it would be that hard with the right body working skills. Not a project I would want to tackle anymore. But I like it! Only thing is you would sure have to be even more careful loading the bed from the side-wouldn't want to ding up any of that trim! :cussing: But most people aren't using them to haul stuff anyway.(I do)
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I am not sure of the scale but it would be pretty close. I am sure it would long enough to work on a short bed. You can always chop off the rear of the panel if it is to long. You would have to chop it off any way because of the tail lights on the Mercury.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I am trying to figure what a NOS Ranger bed trim would be worth ! can you imagine? pricey ;)
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

foodstick wrote:I am trying to figure what a NOS Ranger bed trim would be worth ! can you imagine? pricey ;)
I have no doubt that you would be right, very pricy.
Michelle