Full-color 1966 wiring diagram posted...

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDification
United States of America

Full-color 1966 wiring diagram posted...

Post by FORDification »

Well, after 3 weeks of countless hours of work (including a marathon 8-hour session last night!), the full-color hi-res 1966 master wiring diagram is finally complete! I just posted it here:

http://www.fordification.info/tech/wiring_66.htm

I learned quite a bit making this diagram, which will make future color diagram conversions go easier and be more detailed. Plus I'll be able to use many of the elements from this diagram for future projects, instead of having to create them from scratch in Photoshop.

One thing I'd like to add: while making this diagram, I spent time searching online for other diagrams to get some ideas from and possibly borrow some elements from, and I think I can safely say that this is probably one of the largest and most-detailed schematics available online...period...for any make/model. I was actually a little disappointed in the overall quality of the garbage that's being posted. Most are lo-res grayscale schematics which are almost impossible to use and are of very low quality.

So I hope the time spent making this one will assist you in your projects. :D
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
grump

Re: Full-color 1966 wiring diagram posted...

Post by grump »

Great job! This is going to be a big help to a lot of people including me. Thanks for all your hard work.
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Holy crap....it was just brought to my attention that the firing order for this schematic is incorrect! I was actually concentrating on the wiring aspect of this diagram and didn't pick up on that detail. But it's not my mistake...Ford actually had it wrong it two different wiring diagrams from their 1966 Body Builders' Layout Book, which is what I used as the template. Guess I need to go back in and fix their screw-up.

So if you've saved this diagram to your computer, please delete it, and I'll upload a corrected version with the proper firing order shortly.

Here's a shot of the unedited scan from the '66 Body Builders' Layout Book to show you.

I think I found a shot of the proofreader at the factory before this hit the presses:

Keith
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

OK, I've uploaded the corrected wiring diagram showing the proper firing order of 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. I don't know how the hell they missed the fact that they got #2 and #8 reversed, but I guess it's not the first time I've run across an error in their books. Oh well...it's fixed now. As mentioned, if you've saved the previous schematic, be sure to delete it from your computer and save the corrected version.

And just as an FYI: If you go there and see the schematic with the improper firing order (1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2), it might be because the previous version is saved in your computer's cache. Hold down your Control button and hit the F5 button...that'll tell your computer to ignore the cached version and force it to download the new one.

http://www.fordification.info/tech/wiring_66.htm
Keith