Single Speed Wiper Switch Interchange

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

chris401
United States of America

Single Speed Wiper Switch Interchange

Post by chris401 »

I have a couple extras from 64 and 65 and am wanting to know how long did Ford use the same switch?

Was it 57 through 66?
Chris
Michelle
United States of America

Re: Single Speed Wiper Switch Interchange

Post by Michelle »

Chris, the electric wiper switch had two versions between 64 and 66. One versions of the four terminal switch for the two speed electric wiper motor and a seven terminal switch for the two speed motor. Depends on the serial number. Before serial number 760001 two switch versions marked C3TB-17A552-E and C3TB-17A552-A. Both these switches would interchange. The part number for these switches was C3TZ-17A552-E (SW 721) The switch after serial number 760001 was the seven terminal switch marked C6TB-17A553-B was part number C6TZ-17A553-B (SW 736) Apparently they were not used for very long. The book shows a different part number for 67. The book I was looking at was 64 to 72. Going by the part number I would also think the switch was used in the 63 models as well.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

Thanks Michelle. I did not know that. I have a couple of extras in my stash. I was going to offer one in the parts wanted but the poster didn't know either. I also didn't know there was a two speed motor offered in a slick. Was that a Ranger only option?
Chris
29rpu

Post by 29rpu »

I don't think it was because my 66 custom cab camper special has the two speed wiper switch it to might've been more of the custom cab option
chris401
United States of America

Post by chris401 »

29rpu wrote:I don't think it was because my 66 custom cab camper special has the two speed wiper switch it to might've been more of the custom cab option
That is good to know.
Thanks
Chris