inner fenders

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

inner fenders

Post by Kid »

Ok, I know I should know the answer to this but here goes. I have a 65 with the flat fenders but really like the 61-64 rounded inner fenders and I have a set from a big slick with no battery indent. I would like to put the older rounded ones in my 65. I dont think this will be an issue but wanted to ask the experts before I started tearing the inner fenders out.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Toyz
United States of America

Re: inner fenders

Post by Toyz »

A few issues as far as fastening to core support and firewall. Check SPark's post on his mods.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
LM14
United States of America

Re: inner fenders

Post by LM14 »

The right big truck inner fender doesn't have the battery hump but it also doesn't have the bulge out toward the radiator at the front. The right inner is straight front to back, the left still has the hump in towards the radiator.

I would think you could remove the mounts for the 65 inners from the core support. Next bolt inners to the fenders, the fenders to the core support with the front of the inner trapped in there and create a bracket to mount the rear/drill the appropriate holes in the front. Cam always use nutserts or weld nuts for the rear mounting points.

If you want the left and right inner fenders to be mirror images of each other, that's a bunch of work.....

JMO
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!