ICON builds a '65 Crewcab

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

ICON builds a '65 Crewcab

Post by jamesdfo »

Well, because I'm one of the 99%, it's out of my price range, but can't diss the build quality.
Overall, very nicely done, but I'm a 2WD lower to the ground guy, so the 4WD isn't my cup of tea (nor is the track width)
But, this about as clean a build as they come, have a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS2oxFtRGj8

If my crew comes out half this nice, I'll still be happy!
James
skidoorulz
United States of America

Re: ICON builds a '65 Crewcab

Post by skidoorulz »

Yep went through all that work to have a way to wide tack. If they would have narrowed the axles about 2 inches on ech side it would have been perfect. Other than the Icon badge on the trim it is a darn good looking truck.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Re: ICON builds a '65 Crewcab

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Likes.. paint and body. dig the trim. Dig the seats and carpet and seatbelt, and the leather wrapped steering wheel. Hidden stereo

Dislikes. Dodge underneath. Cummins i have no problem with. Has one of my pet dislikes, a Bumpside tailgate.

stance looks off... the wheels are in the wrong locations in the wheelwells. The wheels stick out of the fenders like those late 8o's Chev 4x4s that always looked weird. Looks like if you threw something twice as heavy as a case of beer in the box, it would be dragging the fenders on the middle of the tires.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..