It is almost a SlickStock Year.

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

It is almost a SlickStock Year.

Post by Kid »

Well in a few short weeks it wil be 2008, a SlickStock Year. We are getting closer to a Great time. If you Attended either of the First 2 Events you know what I am talking about, if you haven't been able to make one you should make plans for 08! I belive we had 22 Trucks in 04 and 35 ( or 50 depends on who counted, Bill you still have the Lobster ) in 06. We NEED 50 trucks in K.C. in August. You will not believe the trucks you will see, from bone stock to rat rod to highly modified! If you can not bring your truck attend anyway, We have had several members at each of the previouse Events without trucks.
SlickStock is by far the greatest meeting of Freinds you have never met before. If you hang in the Chat room with us on Sunday Nite , read and post every Day, or even if you are a Lurker who has not joined the group but like to read all the posts please make plans to Attend. My Wife and I have our Reservations make and our Vacation time scheduled ( I started a new Job in Oct and told the Guy hiring me I had to be gone in Aug and if that was a problem I did not want the Job).
We are looking forward to seeing everyone in K.C. in Aug..............................Darrell & Robbin
Truckfarmer

Post by Truckfarmer »

I have been to both of the previous events and wouldn't miss the family reunion.
Waiting to see which route the MAC gang is taking because I hope to hook up with a tour. Some of the fun is the getting there.
If you drove a Ford, you wouldn't need a good wrench!
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

I am meeting Kid Tuesday nite and convoying in with him Wednesday :D
I will be crossing into US at Port Huron MI. going to Kid's Via Chicago.
Would interested in hooking up with any body along the way :D :D :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
prost66

Post by prost66 »

Me,Linda,and the "66" will be there. We have been to the other two and had a great time,looking forward to a greater time at this one. Merle
1966 F-100 "Grabber Blue" Pro St. [ 99 to 44/100% pure recycled FORD ]
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It would really take a lot to keep me away. Too much fun. Enough to last ya 2 years, then you need a refill. :lol:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

[quote="Truckfarmer"]I have been to both of the previous events and wouldn't miss the family reunion.

Greg said it best, it is like a Family Reunion
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

cry.gif
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Yep.... Nothing like driving over a thousand miles to be with buds....That crazy Canuk is worth the price of admission....

Doing the count down and getting the truck ready. Buddah AKA blind dude Tim and i will be heading east, hopefully with a few other Arizonie pickups and some west coast pals.... Hook up with the Texans and okies and Travel in a Convoy!.

Garbz
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Hi. My name is Max and I'm from Texas.

ss_pokes2.gif
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

any members in N.D. that might want to convince these fine folks i need to go to SS 08?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22309970/
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

I plan on being there in my 66. Mrs Jeepbut may fly in and join us for a couple of days. I need to have the slip joint in the driveshaft replaced and do the disk brake conversion and some miss. little stuff. Will not have time for any cosmetics. I am having a bumper sticker made for it that reads "No, it's not a Rat Rod, it's just not finished!" Thanks, Lyman.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:lol:
I am having a bumper sticker made for it that reads "No, it's not a Rat Rod, it's just not finished!" Thanks, Lyman.

Nice one Lyman! :lol:

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
neil66

slick stock

Post by neil66 »

schould have 66 out of shop and running . would like too hook up with garbz and uncle skip and texas convoy . would be a nice tradition to syart
neil66
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

jeepbut wrote: I am having a bumper sticker made for it that reads "No, it's not a Rat Rod, it's just not finished!"

LOL, bring one for me too. :lol:
Since I'm losing my job in a couple months, my plans are in limbo. I may just fly in for the weekend. :(
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I have been talking to several members who are making plans to Attend. It WILL be a awsome Event again next Year. I am so pumped up about going to K.C. next Year I can hardly wait. My Wife has started a vacation fund for us. I am looking forward to being there.

We are planning a cookout here at our place the Tuesday nite before we head South to K.C. for SlickStock. I have several members who are wanting to hook up here so we can head out together. Sounds like we will have quite a Convoy coming out of Iowa..............Kid
OLYELLER

Post by OLYELLER »

my wife has agreed to spend our 2nd anniv in KC. I have family there and wanted to come to SS 08, with my first slick. sounds like it will be fun. wish i could get mine painted before, but hope to atleast have the tailgate on before then. see you there!!! :lol: who is meeting near Chi IL. i'm in.
1965 F100 short bed, daily driver for 42yrs 1 million+ miles
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

I'll be driving by there on my way to Kid's :D
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:shock: WOW! IT`s nearly that time again!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yep Alan, 3 more Days and it will be a SlickStock Year. I am excited and wish it was 3 days to SS, well maybe not cause I am not ready
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

Dont you be wishing my time away...LOL

Cam