My trip home

This Forum contains all the threads for Slick-Stock 2008. For viewing only.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

61 Merc
Canada

My trip home

Post by 61 Merc »

To start out my trip from KC, Darrell and Don left me behind at the hotel, fully knowing that I was travelling to Des Moines for a couple days. Well maybe they didn’t fully know, but I am sure he had an idea I was heading north. Besides, I felt it was important to stay till the slicks were at least gone.

Travelled to some friends place in southern Iowa, she had been my wife’s matron of honour at our wedding, but she was in Canada for a couple weeks visiting family. After spending a couple hours visiting with her husband, we ventured on to Des Moines.

Got to Des Moines in time for chat, and got logged on and the energy from those attending was great, few were on that hadn’t been at SS, and I believe they could feel the energy in the chat.

This is where things started to go bad. From here on we had graffiti happening. We saw this rock that someone just had to paint, in my city they do not allow graffiti and it is the owners responsibility to clean it up.
[albumimg]4463[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4464[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4465[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4466[/albumimg]

http://www.ticz.com/homes/users/bob/On- ... A-Rock.htm

Found a guy looking for a lake, not sure if he was going to find one in Iowa.
[albumimg]4474[/albumimg]

Also found a couple yards where things are rotting as they sit there, and I know there was at least one uni there. And then there is the local pit stops too.
[albumimg]4467[/albumimg]

A couple days later in North Dakota, I believe I took out a hive of bee’s as they covered the front of my truck. That same day I believe I was Jinxed by John, and my heater motor stopped blowing, I believe it is the switch, but luckily it was cool enough to travel with windows cracked open.

Later that night we got to Willistown, to find only one room left. Booked in and went to see Craig(fastfords, can’t_log_on, JeanDonor) and see his family projects. He had just got registered on the site when I phoned him, and we stopped by. We were visiting in the garage when his wife kicked us out at 11:30, obviously she never attended Slick Stock. Cody’s fault though, he wouldn’t go to bed as he had school in the morning, and homework was done just before we left, maybe.

Next day we arrived at the border. What a nightmare. Out comes the identification, border patrol checks it out and then starts going through the whole car, drivers compartment first, back seat, and then the trunk. BP pulls laptop out of back and into the office he goes to do a thorough inspection on it. Finally the BP let the poor old man go, and we breezed through the stop ourselves hiding Marks tonneau cover under my new one.

Got to Moose Jaw and stopped at a wrecker to check for parts and an AOD transmission. While in there, it sounded like a hurricane outside, then the birds started to make some noise. What went through my mind then was when you hear seagulls squawking overhead, you don’t look up, they did fill the brim of my cowboy hat once. Knowing this I got back in the truck and had to watch the snow birds from a safe place, and they were interesting to watch. Sat there for an hour just watching them.
[albumimg]4468[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4469[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4470[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4471[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4472[/albumimg]
[albumimg]4473[/albumimg]

http://www.snowbirds.dnd.ca/site/index_e.asp

Ventured on again and stopped at our daughters future in-laws to do some planning, and then on to home to find more vandals with paint sprayed my 5th wheel trailer. This was not a happy ending to such a great time at Kansas City.
61 Mercury SWB Uni - Project
62 Mercury SWB BBW - Race truck
63 Ford SWB Uni - Daily driver (Jinx)
63 Ford SWB Uni - Parts truck
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

I think the guy pulling pulling the seadoo has got issues don't know where he's going. :?: :shock:
Tom Williams
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I guess the spirit of ol' Hank Ford must inhabit the heater/ac motors of non-Ford vehicles attending SS :lol:

You never stopped in at Kid's place? SS4 central?
We popped in on Greg and Rose... think I surprised the hell out of them as I asked Greg for his No. in the AM and 5 hrs later showed up on his doorstep.

The Thunderbirds just happened to be flying over Rose's place at the time
Never understimate the ability of a Canuck to show up unannounced :wink:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..