2015 Pate Swap Meet

Car shows, swap meets, member get-togethers - post your upcoming events here.

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Truckrat
United States of America

2015 Pate Swap Meet

Post by Truckrat »

The 2015 Annual Pate Swap Meet will be held at Texas Motor Speedway April 30 thru May 3.
Last year Slick 60s members had 26 vendor spaces. 4 of them were across the aisle from us,
but that still worked out fine. To those who have not been to Pate, we refer to it as our annual
''Mini Slick Stock South.'' Always a good time to be had and miles of vendors to help you find
that special part. By that time of year in Texas if you plan to set up and sell parts in some spaces
it is advisable to bring sunscreen, a lawn chair or two, a cooler, and some form of portable shade
you can sit under. Several of us bring the E Z UP style portable shade covers and hook them
together so we have a large shaded area. Whether you are there for just the day or more,
come by and see us. We are located on row 11 and 12 north of Petty Place as you come in from the
parking lot. We have some Slick 60s signs sitting out by the aisles to help folks find us.
There are usually several Slicks there as well. PFM (Chris) usually drives his blue and white 65 Crewcab
and Dave is always in his black flareside. Hope to see everyone there in a few months.
Bring your walking shoes. TR
Last edited by Truckrat on February 3, 2015, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 2015 Pate Swap Meet

Post by Toyz »

Might add; be prepared for, but don't count on, the sunshine! Bring rainwear, windbreakers, warm clothing, etc.! North Texas in late April can be as unpredictable as , well, North Texas in ANY month! Hope to see ya'll there!

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
STYLN63
United States of America

Post by STYLN63 »

Hey guys,
Already have it on the calender. Being my first year out here, I wouldn't miss it. Speaking of signs, and being able to pick each other out of the crowd, I'd like to have some button down work/shop shirts silk screened. I remember seeing some stickers (developed by members) in the past but, does anyone have a slick 60's logo they can share to speed the process of getting some shirts made up? I might even see if I can use a likeness of the logo at the top of this page if there aren't any legalities being broken by using it. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.
Gus Engel
STYLN63
63 UNI BIG WNDW
545c.i.d./T56
shortwide

Post by shortwide »

Haven't been to Pate in a few years but it's a nice big swap meet (although Conroe is gaining ground on it, size-wise, every year).

I remember fondly the days of Pate out in the country/hills, but those days are long gone.
Don

'66 Styleside Shortbed, I6, Original Paint Survivor
'54 Ford Mainline Tudor, 302/AOD, disc brakes

'54 Ford Club of America
http://www.1954Ford.com
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Gus, I would be interested if you choose to proceed.
Don, you will be amazed at the current size of Pate. My eldest was overwhelmed by Conroe a few years ago. Pate was an entirely new experience last year; his wife and daughter quickly decided to visit "other museums", as they put it!
I, too share those "fond memories', but somehow the one which comes to the forefront among us oldsters is "let me tell you about the mud"!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
STYLN63
United States of America

Post by STYLN63 »

I will post something if I can get some printed up.

Conrad, TX? Do they have a website? I will look into that one too. Thanks.
Gus Engel
STYLN63
63 UNI BIG WNDW
545c.i.d./T56
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Conroe, north of Houston; it's a spring and fall meet that has grown considerably in a nice facility. Nowhere near the sensory overload of Pate, but a good meet which can easily be traversed in a half day as opposed to the multiple days we dedicate to Pate and still end up with multiple, "no, I must have missed that" comments! Not sure of a website, some of the sites listing Texas meets have some info about Conroe.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

We're trying to make it down this year. Dianne has a few days of vacation to burn so I'm trying to talk her into those dates. Hope to see you there!

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Sounds great, Steve!
Accommodations fill up early; so it might be a good idea to lock in something soon. Chris will post more info as we get closer, but you can pretty well count on the Snooty Pig breakfast being part and parcel. For that reason, as well as track proximity, some of us stay in the Alliance Airport area, particularly the Hampton Inn and Suites. They still had some rooms available early last week.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Steve you might want to start looking for a room NOW! I have to do the same thing
so I will probably do that Monday or Tuesday of this week. The Alliance Airport area is a good
place to look as witnessed by Paul. I have stayed in several places in the area and it usually
depends on the best rate I can get. Hope you and Dianne can come down. I think you will be
regulars if you do. TR
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Gus the shop shirts you mentioned would be a cool addition to my growing
collection of Slick 60s shirts. Any ideas about what colors you are considering?
If you can send me your Email addy I could send you some pics of what I have.
You can send it via a PM if you want. TR
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Paul is right about the weather in North Texas around the end of April.
It can be unpredictable. We've had rain, wind, sun, and some cool weather as well.
I mentioned to bring sunscreen because it can get fairly toasty even in late April.
Lots of times I have come home with a mild sunburn. That is the main reason we have
all those E Z UP shades tied together at our booth spaces.
Looking forward to seeing everyone there this year. And some new faces too! TR
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Gus, What color of shop shirts were you considering? Might have a
bearing on how these would look on one. Here is what I have....

STYLN63
United States of America

Post by STYLN63 »

Truckrat-
Thanks for the PM. Just so everyone else is in the loop, I will proceed in trying to find a local supplier, figure out color choices and determine whether small runs are feasible. It would be nice to have a few choices for everyone without causing the price to skyrocket. Usually shop shirts are the basic grey, black and Navy; I will see what we can do about other colors (maybe burnt orange, off-white, tan, etc.).

Gus
Gus Engel
STYLN63
63 UNI BIG WNDW
545c.i.d./T56
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Dianne got approved for her vacation, we're coming to Pate unless something completely falls apart before then.

Gary, could you post your motel info again. I need to find a room now.

SPark
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was

Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Steve, in the interest of getting you the info quickly, I'll jump in TR's place. As of a couple of days ago , he indicated that rooms were still available at the Hilton Garden Inn-Alliance. Some of us are staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites-Alliance; Gary indicated the remaining rooms there were pretty pricey. We tend to gravitate to that area along I-35 due to availability as well as reasonable proximity, plus the all-important proximity to the Snooty Pig, our breakfast/a.m. bull session location of choice. You can go back to last year's info posted by PFM-64 for further info as to times, location of our spaces, restaurant plans; and other extra-curricular info.
Glad to see ya'll will make it!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Got our room reserved at Hilton Garden Inn/Roanoke. We'll be staying Thursday and Friday night and heading back home on Saturday afternoon.

See you there!

SPark

STYLN63
United States of America

Post by STYLN63 »

Guys-
I will have to drop the shop shirt project for the time being; my wife and I have had some recent events that will require immediate attention. I will try to make the Pate Swap meet so that I can stop by and introduce myself.

Gus
Gus Engel
STYLN63
63 UNI BIG WNDW
545c.i.d./T56
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Sorry to hear that Gus. Hope it is nothing life threatening.
Looking forward to seeing and meeting you at Pate.
Shirt project can wait. See ya then. TR