Fall Get Together

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Re: Fall Get Together

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Marty in PA wrote: Last year's Splash thread mentioned someone "doin some pickin" - works for me!

Thus, the challenge has been set. Guess I'd better learn more than my current catalog of 2.5 songs. :lol:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

yeah man! Pickin n a grinnin
Marty

1965 F100 Short Bed w/390 and 4 on the floor.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Dwight, You pick and I'll grin. That stuff in the brown bottle makes everyone sound good :burp:
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

We'll need lots of it. Unfortunately, the playing gets worse the more I consume. Too bad it's not the reverse. I think the alcohol makes my fingers swell. They get too big to pick the individual strings or sumpin'.
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

I was going to ask that. Marty, its your idea. Is beer welcome?
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

DukeRoche wrote:I was going to ask that. Marty, its your idea. Is beer welcome?

Is beer welcome?? Only if its cold!!! :burp:
Marty

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

DV65CustomCab wrote:We'll need lots of it. Unfortunately, the playing gets worse the more I consume. Too bad it's not the reverse. I think the alcohol makes my fingers swell. They get too big to pick the individual strings or sumpin'.

I'm expecting Flatt and Scruggs.
Marty

mercman64
United States of America

Post by mercman64 »

The 8th is the Cup race @ Richmond, already got tickets and my brother is coming from Ticonderoga.....not a good date for me, please advise if it changes, would like to go...Dave
1964 Mercury Monterey Convertible
1962 F100 unibody LWB BBW "Show Truck"
1966 F100 short box "daily driver"
1963 F100 unibody "project truck"
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

mercman64 wrote:The 8th is the Cup race @ Richmond, already got tickets and my brother is coming from Ticonderoga.....not a good date for me, please advise if it changes, would like to go...Dave

Thanks for responding Dave. Wish I could find a date that was good for all. Not enough weekends in the summer or in the year for that matter. Have fun in Richmond.
Marty

Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

Hi Guys. 39 days til “Fall Flash” (hope you don’t mind I saw that in last year’s Spring Splash post). A few have indicated wives are coming on Sept 8th – that’s great. If you haven’t said so, please let me know if you plan on bringing a guest. Also let me know the covered dish you plan on bringing (food, adult beverage, soda, adult beverage, chips, adult beverage etc) and please bring chairs.

Planning on having a farthest traveled award although I haven’t any idea what it will be..

I’m thinking about adding power steering/discs to mine. Interested in getting some direction from a couple of you I believe made the switch.

Looking forward to this.
Marty

kevin steidle
United States of America

Post by kevin steidle »

I look forward to my trip to Pa. This will be the longest drive with my slick 65.

Image :steering:
thrush544

Post by thrush544 »

:D Welcome Kevin. Nice truck!!!
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

kevin steidle wrote:I look forward to my trip to Pa. This will be the longest drive with my slick 65.

Image :steering:

Kevin:

Sent you a PM with a link to google maps to help you find my house. Earlier in this thread, I posted a link to a Holiday Inn Express if you need overnight accomodations.
Marty

Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

Kevin:

Got your PM. Tried to respond but got hung up in the outbox- not sure why.

Below are links to a couple camp sites. If you travel route from NY takes you on the PA Turnpike to Route 222, both campgrounds are on your way in Lancaster County, east of me. Unfortunatly there arent any campgrounds near me. I have not stayed at the KOA but did camp at the Red Run Camp Ground although maybe 10 years ago. That one is pretty nice. Sunday morning we woke up to the sound of Amish horse and buggies heading to "Sunday Meeting" - interesting. Check out the info and if you need other choices, I'll be happy to dig in another direction.

http://www.padutchcountry.com/members/r ... egoryID=37

http://www.padutchcountry.com/members/r ... egoryID=37
Marty

DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Anything you want to know about a disc brake conversion you can ask me. Take all the pictures you want of my truck. :wink: I didn't do power steering, though.
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

thx Dwight lookin forward to it.
Marty

DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

I'll be taken pics as well Dwight. Thats on my to do list when I get the money. I am really looking forward to this. My Slick is in a thousand parts but I'll bring pictures. Any advice is well appreciated.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

Actually, you don't have to take that many pictures. My how-to page still exists: http://mongrelmotorsports.purpleflyingmonkey.com/pages/f100discs.html
DukeRoche
United States of America

Post by DukeRoche »

Anyone got or need any parts? This might save some money for shipping.
The Green Machine

GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY!
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

great idea!

I'm looking to replace my bench seat.

I have a 3 speed trans, drive shaft and bell housing.
Marty