Apple fest

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

quietwyatt

Apple fest

Post by quietwyatt »

Marty and I took our trucks to the Applefest Saturday. Had a good time. Met up with Jim Vanzant. The weather wasn't the best but still a good time. Jim Hoover was there with his 64. Looking real good. He has plans for it to go into the paint shop in a few weeks.
I hope to go back up next weekend if the weather holds. It has got to be one of the best shows of the season. People are friendly and like to talk about when their dad or grandpa had a truck like this. Makes me all kinda warm inside. :D
Sorry but I forgot my camera.
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
foodstick

Re: Apple fest

Post by foodstick »

Yeah , I constantly get that ... I used to drive one at work, my Dad or Gramps had one. people remember their SLICK roots!

Glad you had a good time Wyatt
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

How come we only hear about this when it's over? :nono:
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

Dwight, it is actually going on this weekend also.
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

Dwight:

I'll scan and e-mail a 2013 application. Reg fee is $10 for the event- go one or all four days. Cheap enough. That includes admission for driver and passenger. Always the first two weekends in Oct.

I only went last Sat. Chuck told me on Fri he intended on going today as well. Nice day for it.

Be nice to get a nice strong Slick showing next year.
Marty

1965 F100 Short Bed w/390 and 4 on the floor.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
quietwyatt

Post by quietwyatt »

Wah-hoo!!!!! Last Sunday Jim Hoover took 2nd place with his Slick. Congrats Jim. Today, I took 1st place. I sure wasn't expecting that. There was a lot of nice trucks there. I'll put a few pics on here of Jims and Butches trucks.
Pics of Jims truck.
Butches 77 4x4.
Betty offering candy for the kids.
Was a fun day.
Last edited by quietwyatt on October 14, 2012, 6:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Wyatt

1965 F-250 (Betty Boop)
Marty in PA
United States of America

Post by Marty in PA »

Yeah man!!!!! Congrats....!!!! :clap: I didn't know Jim got 2nd last week. A good time for Slicks.
Marty

1965 F100 Short Bed w/390 and 4 on the floor.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.