Need help looking for a part local to me.

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Old_Ford_Man
United States of America

Need help looking for a part local to me.

Post by Old_Ford_Man »

The starter went out on my 66 F100 so I think to myself no big deal pop off the old one get new one put it on should take me an hour at most. Well as plans do sometimes thing don't always work out as we plan. To start the truck has headers so it was a hell getting the bolts out of the starter and when I did was not able to get the started out through the headers.

I know you are thinking been there before but any, so I think well I guess I will have to loosen the headers and see if I can get it out, well here where it starts going down hill, I look at the header bolts and they were all different sizes two had 7/16 heads one was 1/2 and one was 9/16. Here comes the bad part I get to the last header bolt closest to the cab I notice that the part on the head where the bolt screws into is cracked with a small gaps and the bolt come out with just a couple of turns.

I get the new starter on and get the header back on and when I try to get the bolt back in to the one that is cracked it breaks apart in two pieces and at that same time my heart drop into my stomach so now I am looking for a replacement head or set for my truck, so I am wanting to know if anyone in Houston, Austin, San Antonio or a couple of hundred miles out side of Houston has some spares laying around that they would like to get out of their way or sale.
1962 Ford Fairlane
1966 F-100
Old_Ford_Man
United States of America

Post by Old_Ford_Man »

I will be in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area next week if anyone Oklahoma has some spares laying around that they would like to get out of their way or sale.
1962 Ford Fairlane
1966 F-100
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Well, since you haven't posted which engine I don't see how we can help you.
Is it an FE or a 6-cylinder?
Do you need a head or manifold?
The way I read your post is you need a head. Right?
If that's the case, we can start looking for you a replacement.
Anyway, I hope you've seen the post about the Houston area get together on Nov. 6th and that you can join us.
I think you're friends with 65Lover so let her know if you can make it.
Hope to meet you on the 6th.
Old_Ford_Man
United States of America

Post by Old_Ford_Man »

Sorry it is a 352.
1962 Ford Fairlane
1966 F-100
Mexiamericano
United States of America

Re: Need help looking for a part local to me.

Post by Mexiamericano »

I am getting ready to put on some aftermarket headers on my FE 390, If youre interested the factory manifolds would be available for sale. I am in San Antonio. Let me know with a PM
It is better to die on your feet than to live a lifetime on your knees. -Emiliano Zapata