new okla member

TX, OK, AZ, LA, NM, AR, CO

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

foghorn

new okla member

Post by foghorn »

Im new to this forum but been a member to the bump side forum for a few years now. how many other okies we got on here? Im in the wagoner area.

Foggy 8)
Last edited by foghorn on November 15, 2008, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
65Lover
United States of America

Post by 65Lover »

:welcome:
Good to have you! Any pictures of your truck?
Ruth
'65 F-100 Custom Cab SB Styleside
'67 Ford Mustang FB
'68 Mercury Cougar

Slickstock Altoona Iowa
Slickstock Salina Kansas
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

How do i get my pics to show up like yours do 65lover? This forum is differnt from the bumpside forum that i belong to.

Foggy 8)
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Looooookin' good.
Where are you located.
You have at least a couple of road rats up your way. Joey, "the real Joe Schmoe", and Gary Woods, aka TruckRat.
Plan on meeting us at Pate in Fort Worth. Usually the first weekend in April. A good time is ALWAYS had by all.
Welcome to the family.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

:welcome: Hey Foggy, welcome to Slick 60s. I am in Oklahoma City. I see by my atlas Wagoner is close to Tulsa and not far from Tahlequah. Looks like by your pics you have a 66. Is it a driver? Just as a heads up, we have a big get together every spring at the Texas Motor Speedway. In 09 it will be April 30-May3. The members of Slick 60s Southwest forum all go to the Pate Swap Meet. It is our mini Slick Stock.
We've had it going for a while, and usually have a big turnout. Mark your calender for that weekend and come and meet us. If you get to Ok City sometime, give me a heads up and we can meet for lunch. Send me a PM.
Truckrat
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

Hey Guy's I'm the son of an Okie, lol
Truckrat, Please tell more about the meet in april, dont know where tx motor speedway is....

I have lots of family around the south east corner of the state Sallisaw, Muldrow, Gans, Dad was born in Redland
My cousin is married to that guy Big country..... some Basketball dude.
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

Bill.
I guess Pate is one of the largest swap meets this side of the Mississippi River and it happens every April at Texas Motor Speedway just north of Ft. Worth on I-35W.
Looks like this year is going to be a big Slick blowout because PFM and TruckRat say they have about 15 spaces reserved.
You got to be there or be square. It's our version of Slick Stock.
Keep watching because we'll be posting dates and times. Also, make sure to get a hotel reservation early or camp out with the guys at the meet grounds.
No matter what part of Texas you're in, someone will be coming from there. I expect the Houston contengent to have at least 5-6 guys.
See you there.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
tarps3

Re: new member

Post by tarps3 »

Truckrat wrote: :welcome: Hey Foggy, welcome to Slick 60s. I am in Oklahoma City. I see by my atlas Wagoner is close to Tulsa and not far from Tahlequah. Looks like by your pics you have a 66. Is it a driver? Just as a heads up, we have a big get together every spring at the Texas Motor Speedway. In 09 it will be April 30-May3. The members of Slick 60s Southwest forum all go to the Pate Swap Meet. It is our mini Slick Stock.
We've had it going for a while, and usually have a big turnout. Mark your calender for that weekend and come and meet us. If you get to Ok City sometime, give me a heads up and we can meet for lunch. Send me a PM.
Truckrat

Hey Truckrat,
I'm in Goldsby OK; have a '66 slick...might have posted with you here before.

Can you tell me more about this event?
Are there spaces I need to reserve if I want to bring my truck? etc?
My daughter attends TCU so I'm in Ft Worth a lot anyway. This sounds like a fun weekend trip.

thanks
Casey
65Lover
United States of America

Post by 65Lover »

I'm with tarps3 I'd like more info please.

Is this a swap meet and a show? What are the details? Where is everone staying?
Ruth
'65 F-100 Custom Cab SB Styleside
'67 Ford Mustang FB
'68 Mercury Cougar

Slickstock Altoona Iowa
Slickstock Salina Kansas
tarps3

Post by tarps3 »

Bill W wrote:I have lots of family around the south east corner of the state Sallisaw, Muldrow, Gans, Dad was born in Redland

Bryant "Big Country" Reeves played basketball at Oklahoma State University in the mid-90's. He played in the NBA a few years I think..he was the first player ever drafted by the Grizzlies.

He was from Gans Oklahoma...if he hasn't eaten the town yet. :lol:

If you remember the comic strip with Baby Huey, then you can get a mental image of Big Country.
PFM-64f100

Re: new member

Post by PFM-64f100 »

tarps3 wrote:
Truckrat wrote: :welcome: Hey Foggy, welcome to Slick 60s. I am in Oklahoma City. I see by my atlas Wagoner is close to Tulsa and not far from Tahlequah. Looks like by your pics you have a 66. Is it a driver? Just as a heads up, we have a big get together every spring at the Texas Motor Speedway. In 09 it will be April 30-May3. The members of Slick 60s Southwest forum all go to the Pate Swap Meet. It is our mini Slick Stock.
Truckrat

Hey Truckrat,
I'm in Goldsby OK; have a '66 slick...might have posted with you here before.

Can you tell me more about this event?
Are there spaces I need to reserve if I want to bring my truck? etc?
My daughter attends TCU so I'm in Ft Worth a lot anyway. This sounds like a fun weekend trip.

thanks
Casey

65Lover wrote:I'm with tarps3 I'd like more info please.

Is this a swap meet and a show? What are the details? Where is everone staying?

Here is the web site for pate..
http://www.pateswapmeet.com/

It's mainly a big swap meet with just about anything there. Currently we (serveral of us memebers) have 15 spots at pate. There are a few other memebers that have spaces too and they are not to far away from us. Those memebers have been going there for a while and they like there spots. Oh if you want I can call to see if there are any spaces next to us if you want to park your truck inside you would have to pay the fee. You can make the same call if you like.. PM me if you want me to do it.

It is a blast and in 2008 most came out to my house (not that far away) for food and drinks. We had a good time sitting around and BSing... Of course we had beer. We will do it again this year. I will post up plans sometime in early april.

This year we will be doing breakfast again at the snoty pig (snooty Pig good place for breakfast and close to the track). Also TR wants to go to babe's chicken for lunch one day.

On the rooms most folks stay up in Denton the hotels are a bit cheaper up there.

Remeber all memebers are welcome to come by (bring a chair), sit around and BS with us. I will have drinks there and you can have a nice spot to rest. We will also be bringing shade with us.

Here is one of the threads from 08 http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5484&highlight=pate

This is where we will be in 2009...

Zone 3
Block 78
Spaces 914 to 927 and space 929
http://www.pateswapmeet.com/space_layout.php

[albumimg]4319[/albumimg]

Hope this helps... If you want more info PM me.. TR is a little busy this time of year playing Santa.... :D
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
tarps3

Post by tarps3 »

That's some good info - thanks!

I'd be interested in stopping by and meeting some of you all.
I don't need a space or anything...don't like to sit in one place too long :wink:

Breakfast and food/beer at a member's house sounds good to me too!

I'm looking forward to it!
Casey
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

How much are the spots? I wouldnt mind having the 928 spot if they are not to high. This event will really close to my vacation time. I will check with the boss to see if i can take it about a month early. Ithink i will haul the father in laws Mercedes down to see if i can sell it for him. He has a 1971 280C thats in nice shape. Here is a link to pics if any one here might be interested in it.
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q151 ... es%20250C/

He was going to buy a chevy conversion kit and drop a 350 and turbo 400 in it but has lost all intrest in doing so and just wants to sell it now. This is how much the NADA says it is worth.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... 74008&da=1

Foggy 8)
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

foghorn wrote:How much are the spots? I wouldnt mind having the 928 spot if they are not to high. This event will really close to my vacation time. I will check with the boss to see if i can take it about a month early. Ithink i will haul the father in laws Mercedes down to see if i can sell it for him. He has a 1971 280C thats in nice shape. Here is a link to pics if any one here might be interested in it.
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q151 ... es%20250C/

He was going to buy a chevy conversion kit and drop a 350 and turbo 400 in it but has lost all intrest in doing so and just wants to sell it now. This is how much the NADA says it is worth.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx? ... 74008&da=1

Foggy 8)

there pricing is as follows:
Registration / Space Rental
All spaces are located on the asphalt parking lot.

Prices
9' x 18' spaces - $30.00 each (Multiple spaces can be combined to form larger vendor spaces)
Corner spaces - $15.00 extra (while quantities last)
Car Corral - $30.00 per vehicle
Private Porta-Potties - $87.50

After December 31, 2008, prices for Vendor Spaces and the Car Corral will increase by $10.00, and Private Porta-Potties will increase to $95.00. Register before December 31, 2008, to obtain the lower rate.

For additional information, contact Don Moore at (713)649-0922 or through e-mail at pateswapmeet@aol.com.

Registration Form
To register please use this convenient registration form in Adobe Acrobat format.
Pate Swap Meet 2009 Registration Form (35k)

I would suggest I would give Don Moore a call @ (713)649-0922 to see if that space is avaialbe. There is a chance it will be open but don't wait to long because they will fill in these one off spots, plus the price is cheaper right now. They will hold your spot for 2 weeks if you call them this gives you time to send in the money.

Hope to see all there and heck yea come by and sit a spell we will have at least 2 signs in front of our spaces.
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
Truckrat
United States of America

Pate information

Post by Truckrat »

Wow Chris, you pretty much covered it very well. Chris is the biggest reason I have a space at Pate. In 2007 I met Chris and Dave at Pate aka SlickStock South. He had an extra space he wasn't using and let me park my 57 F100 Truck in it for the weekend. My first time at Pate had been the previous year where I met Skip, Tom, Max, Richard, and a few more. Since those times, our numbers at Pate have grown a lot, and this year is looking like the biggest one yet. I lost count of how many we had last year, but Moose and Valerie weren't there either.
With 15 spaces and lots of shade, we should have a great oasis in a sea of parts and vehicles. Chris started the Friday Night Cookout last year and it was great. Says he wants to do it again, (glutton for punishment), so as you can see, a good time will be had. Several of us are planning on camping at the track this time. It costs 20 bucks for the whole weekend.
Free restrooms and showers are there, and we can cook out if we want.
Rooms in Denton are way cheaper that close to TMS, and last year we stayed at the Days Inn right on I35 East. Cost about $55-60 a night.
They were about the most reasonable. What Chris said about the spaces available, now is the time to call about them before they start filling up.
Looking forward to meeting a new bunch of folks this year, and seeing my old buds from previous years, too. Snooty pig won't know what hit em! TR
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

tarps3 wrote:
Bill W wrote:I have lots of family around the south east corner of the state Sallisaw, Muldrow, Gans, Dad was born in Redland

Bryant "Big Country" Reeves played basketball at Oklahoma State University in the mid-90's. He played in the NBA a few years I think..he was the first player ever drafted by the Grizzlies.

He was from Gans Oklahoma...if he hasn't eaten the town yet. :lol:

If you remember the comic strip with Baby Huey, then you can get a mental image of Big Country.

Exactly! They still live in Gans, my cousin April married Bryant reeves before he hit the big time, they have 2 little boys and they are just like there dad, BIG and TALL with red hair lol after the Grizzlies he went to the minnesota timber wolves for 6.6 mil :shock: :shock: We meet at there place for Family reunions Cousin's, aunt's, uncle's, Great grandparents, etc... all live right around that area
tarps3

Post by tarps3 »

I wish I coulda married someone with a 6.6 million dollar contract... :P

more trucks...more garage space...ha.
Bill W

Post by Bill W »

That aint nothin! he signed a 6 year extension contract with the Grizzlies for more than 10 Million a year! They have a beautiful place right on the Arkansas river below Kerr dam
Truckrat
United States of America

TMS

Post by Truckrat »

fyi.gif Guys, for those unfamiliar with the location of Texas Motor Speedway, it is about 15 miles south of Denton, Texas on I-35W, and about that same distance north of Fort Worth. It is a huge place and impossible to miss day or night. We are planning on going down this year on April 29 (Wednesday) to do our setup. Got to pick a camping spot and set up our camp, and be able to set up our spaces for the swap meet. Anyone coming down from Oklahoma, Email or PM me and let me know if you will be coming that day. One of my friends will be traveling with me, and any of you are welcome to run with us. TR :thumright:
Randy Brintle JR

Post by Randy Brintle JR »

im gonna try 2 go that week also!! i was wondering if yall had an idea about stickers or logos for our truks maybe somethn to represent < Slick 60s > i thought that would be something i would be interested in what about yall??? maybe yall already have somethin of that sort, didnt know thought i would ask!!
my friends call me Junior !!!!