anyone interested in a Fall Des Moines Iowa cookout

MN, IA, MO, NE, ND, IL, SD, KS, MAN, NW Ont

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

slixtyfive
United States of America

Re: anyone interested in a Fall Des Moines Iowa cookout

Post by slixtyfive »

I won't be able to join you all tomorrow. Wife's surgery went well and all but it's just not a good time for me to be gone all day (or most of the day anyway).
Thanks
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Sorry to hear you wont make the trip but glad your wifes surgery went well, She is much more important and we will be getting together again in the spring or summer so we hope to see you then,,,,,,,,,,,Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

my brother just called and he will be here in a few minutes, going to see if Lance and Bill waqnt to meet here and we all head over together
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

had a great time today, started meeting up about 11am and most just left our place about 10:30 .Had 7 trucks here and got some great pics, I am sure someone will be posting pics soon.
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Met up Yesterday with Don, Lance, Bill, and Carl and took off to head to Colfax and hoooked up with Steve, Larry & Amanda and Mark. We headed out to Lances Moms place for a picture event,LOL. Took all the trucks up un the hill and got some great pics then we headed to Newton for our tour of the Speedway. Met the other Mark while we were there. Had a pretty cool tour of the Speedway in the Suites, drivers room,s Nascar and Track operations then down to Pit road, the garages and into the media center and watched a little bit of the Rusty Wallace driving experience then got some more pics at the track then back to cruising. We headed back here to our place for supper and bull session and had a great time. No one had any major mechanical issues and everyone made it.

Going to do this again next Year and will plan it where we can get a couple laps around the track when no one else is using it..

Thanks to everyone who made it a great Day with friends and old trucks, We had a blast............Kid

p.s. I know you want pics so as soon as someone can pics will be posted
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

First off, thank you Darrell for setting this all up and hosting the day. Had a great time.

Secondly, can't post any pictures of the event. Carried a camera in my pocket all day and was having so much fun talking I forgot to take any pictures! I'm sure Carl has some great shots. Appreciate his hard work yesterday.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!