Portland Swap Meet

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ras4434

Portland Swap Meet

Post by ras4434 »

Anyone going to the Portland Oregon Swap Meet. If so we should meet up somewhere.
HiBoy63
Ireland

Re: Portland Swap Meet

Post by HiBoy63 »

Im comming down on Friday. Ill be stopping in Yakima to pick up my brother and hoping to be out there for a few hrs on Friday. We should be there all day Saturday and maybe part of Sunday. Ill be staying in Oregon City at my sons house.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

I am going on Thursday morning to hit the track first thing. We are staying about a mile from PIR until sat or sun. Keep an eye out for a "Blue Slick 60" hat. I will be underneath.
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

I have never been there before. What is the track are you talking about the Portland raceway parking area. From reading the web page for the meet it sounds like if you do buy something like wheels for instance. It will be hard to get them back to your vehical in a timely fashion. Sounds like you have to take shuttle buses to and from parking areas that are not close to the meet. Im hopping Im wrong about that. Do you have any suggestions on where I should park or best practices to get purchased items to your vehical or do you have to just man up and make the trips back and forth to parking. Ill send you a pm. If you are into text it will have my cell #.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Send me a PM with your cell number. You can park fairly close to the track but as with most things the earlier you get there the better. I have a hand cart that I attached a crate to and drag it around with me. It is a long walk but I have never had a problem with carrying the stuff I buy. There are also young folks that will haul your goodies to the parking lot for somebucks...the wagons they use look tough enough to haul an engine. We stay at the Portlander Inn and they have a shuttle that runs every hour or so back and forth. I will send a text after I get your number.
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Forgot: Bring LOTS OF MONEY