1965 custom cab need help with blinker /brake light issue

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

joshua1887
United States of America

1965 custom cab need help with blinker /brake light issue

Post by joshua1887 »

1965 custom cab long bed .my headlights ,front blinkers,and driver side rear brake and blinker light works but nothing on my passenger side,but both my tail lights work though ? iv replaced the brake light switch ,flasher,all brand new bulbs,and went through all the wiring and its good.would really like some help and ideas to whats going on.also something is draining the battery over night.if someone can help me that would be great :)
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Re: 1965 custom cab need help with blinker /brake light issu

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

brake lights go thru the turn signal switch.
one side of yours (drivers) is messed up and not making contact when its supposed to.

battery issue could be a number of things, i suspect the ignition switch may not be operating properly,possibly the accessories could be on with the key in the off position.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 1965 custom cab need help with blinker /brake light issu

Post by Toyz »

I would suspect a common problem between the two symptoms. Obtain a cheap test light, disconnect the battery - cable, and hook the test light between the battery - terminal and the terminal end of the cable. Make sure all switches are turned off, including dome light, whether it works or not. If you have a drain at that time the light will glow. Start removing fuses one at a time until the light goes off. Whatever removed fuse kills the light is on the circuit with the drain. LMK which it is and I will provide further instructions If the light fails to go off, unplug the headlight switch. If that kills the light, replace the switch. If it doesn't, unplug the voltage regulator. No results; have the battery tested. Battery checks good, make certain no other wiring has been added which may not be fed from the fuse box, (or possibly attached to the supply side of the fuse).
Enough for now, report back with results.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul