New guy from So. Oregon

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Malibusurfer
United States of America

New guy from So. Oregon

Post by Malibusurfer »

Hi everyone..
Just wanted to post say thanks for having me hang out... I have a 62 short wide unibody that has been in my family since 74' or so.. My dad bought it from the Forest Service when I was a little guy.. We are the second owners as it's forget service green and white ( pics coming hopefully). It served him well and after he bought a new truck he gave this one to me ( I'd always wanted it ).. I'm pulling body off, boxing frame, putting 04' Crown Vic front end in, 9" rear and about a 400hp small block in... Want a nice cruiser that surprises people :). I'm into old cars, trucks, v-drive classic hot boats, etc...... Anyway that's about it... :)
Jason
foodstick

Re: New guy from So. Oregon

Post by foodstick »

Great having you around, been to Oregon a few times ... beautiful place.

Can't wait to see your truck...
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

Hi Jason welcome from Washington state. There are a number of guys with slicks on this site that are from Oregon. Where are you at in southern part of the state? I love to hit 101 on the coast whenever I can. Its hard to keep my eyes on the road so much to see. Take care good luck with your uni. When you start your restomod you should post up some pics in the projects and builds thread.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

In case you are wondering thats Ireland......Freedom is not Free!!!!!!!!

Heritage country Flag
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

While Im at it I just thought I would say to anyone who knows him on this site or used to communicate with him I ran across a member named Unibodyboy. He is alive and well and living in Pullman Washington. I was helping my son try to get his just purchased 64 F100 on a lowboy trailer. It has a 223 that is a little sick right now. Anyway this bright yellow lwb uni comes cruzing up and asks if he can help out. Great guy he helped us for a few hours to no avail to try and get the sick motor up and running so we could drive it onto the lowboy. Luckily we managed to get it running just long enough to go ontlo the lowboy. He said he may come on and post up again but hes pretty busy with work and life. You could tell he still has a love for these trucks and his fellow slicksters though. Just a quick little story about you never know who you will run into and where. My son was trying to become a member on the site but I havent checked with him lately to see if he made it on here. He is going to collage in Pullman at WSU and thats where he found the 64 and decided it needed saving.

[album]5648[/album]
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

Heritage country Flag
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

unibodyboy is a member from a LONG time ago. He joined before he could even drive. Glad to hear he is still up and kicking. Hope he posts again soon..........Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
HiBoy63
Ireland

Post by HiBoy63 »

I believe he said he still looks in from time to time. Just hasnt had much to talk about. His truck is still immaculate and has a hard running 292 for power. It has a different set of wheels and tires from what is in the pics. Larger like 20s or bigger and it sits lower I think.
1963 F250 4x4x292
1965 F100 4x4x352
1998 F150 4x4x4.6
2001 Sport Track 4x4x4.0

Heritage country Flag
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

I think his truck is the one Rod Doors used as a template to make the headliner they sell......Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision