Crockett, CA checking in.

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

milldinaire
United States of America

Re: Crockett, CA checking in.

Post by milldinaire »

Hell yea! We'll see what the truck tells me next...
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Interesting night tonight, trying to fit up and assemble some summit wheel tubs. I finally opened up my box of tubs. Been waiting awhile. Well they were kinda disappointing. I went the cheap route and bought so me summit tubs, which I think they were like 60.00 dollars. Just didn't feel like paying over a hundred with shipping else where.
Anyway, all the pieces out and aside from the imperfections, they were in good shape. I have to say they were nothing like what I was expecting. They are thin 20 gauge I'm guessing. They also have a seam you slip one cap In and fold over the edge I suppose. no instructions. Well I'm gonna just bypass that step and eliminate that whole seam business. I'm going to tig the panels together to keep the seams smooth.
Some how some way I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out my starting point. I got all measurements left and right all lined up dead nuts. Then when it came time to check levels one side was a half inch of. Hmmmm what! Exactly what I thought. So I checked all the bases. I'll be damned, everything checked out. The lip under the top of the bed seemed to sit alittle lower on one side. Okay I can handle that. Next I just had to settle for a happy and medium. Should be interesting so stay tuned.
6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

I had a hell of a time getting my tubs to line up and match as well on the s10. I got mine from tractor supply, and like you, found they were a little on the thin side. I will be looking for a better set for f100. I didnt like the two piece design mine had, made bodywork a pain.
66 Layin Low
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

I can see why. I'm not looking forward to grinding down these welds. Gonna take a lot of time smoothing out these seams let alone tring to figure out how to get them in the truck with good form. Might have to fab up a matching piece to the other side. Tack in, place tub then cut tacks and voila. We'll see.
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

A little something I've been working on. Just needed the right connect. Gonna do some refining little minor tweaks. Should look good in the end. Oh yea, badgery!

6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

sweet!
66 Layin Low
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

Thanks. I think it will be a nice touch. I picked up a 460 with a trans last weekend for a super good deal. Thank you Unibody Madness for the heads up and the great help in all you do to keep me moving forward. The motor and trans came out of an 84 f350. Nice low compression motor should workout with a turbo nicely for starters. I now have to work on mounting that setup. I was thinking about fabbing up a frame girdle in the mid section to help with the torque. Good thing I didn't paint the frame yet. Lately been pretty busy with a new baby girl so no real progress on anything. Hope to get back in the saddle shortly. Thanks for viewing and I will be watching in the mean time, everybody keep up the good work.
6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

awesome find on the 460. will be waiting on the updates. and congrats on the baby...
66 Layin Low
milldinaire
United States of America

Post by milldinaire »

I'm back... I ordered mad parts yesterday. I got a used hydro booster out of an 09 f350. I got all the components to fab up my watts link. What a pain in the ass that was by the way. I had to go as far as england to find metric heim spacers and bung for this damn thing. I ordered some 2600 dominators, and rear brackets for them, as well as the shock brackets. I wish I kept my oem frame shock mounts. I ended up shelling out forty bucks to buy some jeep ones. Cause I need the pivot. Another cool setup I ordered was a set of brackets that fit in the crown vic front suspension for 2600 airbags. Aside from a couple brake line brackets and line holders. I should be able to paint my frame this year. Yay... Oh and I forgot. I got an eastwood 175 mig welder. I just got the bottle this week. It is fun to weld with a real mig.

So hope to see you all in the coming months. Should be some real progress.

Thanks.
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Just Like Christmas, keep the fires burnning
John
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
6ftdwn57

Post by 6ftdwn57 »

:D good to see your back on it...and eager to see the crown vic bag mounts you speak of. I didn't know anyone was making anything for the vic as far as that goes.
66 Layin Low
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

Updates? Inquiring minds want to know.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!