Bad Wreck turned positive!

FL, GA, AL, SC, MS, TN, NC

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cnsmoore

Bad Wreck turned positive!

Post by cnsmoore »

Hello to all from Fuquay NC. Heres my story...(post copied from the H.A.M.B)

Alright ladies and gents, another new addition to the slick sixties here.

Background: 2 months ago I pulled out in front of a fast and furious infinity. Speed limit was 35mph but I am sure that little car was not capable of 35. End result...Totaled 2010 F150 :(

Good news: 3year old daughter made it out with only bruises (my only concern).

The SHOCKER!: Wife feels my pain and offers up the suggestion...
"Honey, why dont you look around and see if you can't find that old Ford pick up like your grandfather used to have when you were a kid, FOR SALE?"
"I know that you have wanted one for a long time now..."

Devine Intervention: Mention this comment to my neighbor (Old Truck Enthusiast). Two days later he knocks on my door and says,
"Get your shoes on...I FOUND YOUR TRUCK!!!"

Here she is, the wife has already named her LADYBIRD. I will explain that later.

To be continued...
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Sweet your not too far from me I live in Wilson. Was that truck on craigslist? Glad to have another N.C member.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
cnsmoore

Post by cnsmoore »

Oh yeah...I have been through Wilson working on the power lines. Nice to meet ya.

No I dont think this truck was on Ebay, but it could have been at one time. I actually found it less than a mile from my house, just at the right time.

I am really hoping to find a group that would like to get together in the surrounding areas to BS and talk trucks. I have a whole lot of questions???
BigMike
United States of America

Post by BigMike »

Welcome and very nice looking Slick.

I see lots of V Dub parts in that garage.
1965 F250 352 4spd/Dana 4.10 (sold)
1991 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
2006 Cheby Silverado
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee - yeah, it's a HEMI
cnsmoore

Post by cnsmoore »

Very observant BigMike, I am also a VW Junkie.

I have been tinkering with my 57 bug for most of the day, carb issues. I also have a 62 in pieces.

Running out of garage space, the wife says I am going to need a museum and a curator before too long!