Woodward Dream Cruise

MI, OH, WI, KY, IN, S Ont

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

Woodward Dream Cruise

Post by Jerry D »

Anyone been to it before, or going this year? I meant to get in the chatroom last night and ask. I've read about it, and am thinking about going for my first time this year. I think I have the wife talked into it.
Any pointers/advice?

Thanks,
Jerry D
Gritsngumbo
United States of America

Post by Gritsngumbo »

Jerry: Member HEITZ (who is from Michigan and temporarily relocated to the Gulf Coast for work) is a big cheerleader for the event.

He mentioned it in my Crusin' the Coast thread:
"However, you've not lived until you go to the Mecca of car shows. August 20th in Detroit is the Woodward Cruise. Anything and everything automobile is at this show. It runs on Woodward Ave, both sides of the street from Ferndale to Pontiac. It is an absolute must see if you're within driving distance. It's way too cool and you'll be wore out at the end of the day from having your head on a swivel all day."

I'm sure there are several members that attend or have attended. Maybe PM him for info.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything.

LITTLE RED: 64 F100 Short Style
BIG RED: 62 F100 Long Uni
BIG “UN": 63 F250 Long Flare
BBW RED: 61 F100 CC BBW Long Uni
CRIMSON CREW: 63 F100 "Stageway" Long Flare Crew Cab
"RANGER": 66 F100 CC Long Flatbed
"AVA" 1963 Avion T-20 Travel Trailer
“Lucille” 1955 New Moon 44’ Travel Trailer
rcb1020
United States of America

Post by rcb1020 »

It's a week long event , Woodward Ave is 3 lanes per side divided by a blvd . You won't be disappointed ! The Woodward Cruise is 12 miles long. I live 45 mins north in the Flint , Mich area which has a week long event also called "Back to the Bricks " that same week. Many of the people who cruise Woodward during the week , come to Back to the Bricks on Saturday Aug 20th. The carshow in Flint was 10 city blocks long and 6 city block wide in 2010.

http://backtothebricks.org/
thenephilm
United States of America

Post by thenephilm »

heard it was sweet but detroit is not good.