let us know when you get home

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Made it home last night about 10:30. 21 1/2 hours total driving time in the N from Altoona to Smithville. Distance 980 miles, Average speed 45.6 MPH. The average speed included two fuel stops and two meal stops. I haven't totaled up the fuel used yet, I am scared to. I bucked a head wind all the way home yesterday. If you have ever wondered what it was like to drive a semi in the mid 1960's, drive the N for about two hundred miles on a two lane road bucking a wind and you will have a pretty good idea. The same trip takes me about 14 1/2 hours in the Mustang including stops. Me tired but glad to be home.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Got home tonight. The fight between my son and my wife began immediately after the 6 hours of listening to bitching about coming home to a tornado warning and 42 deg. Fahrenheit. After the previous day's bitching about having to be home on the first.

Oh, how I wish I had a laugh session in the parking lot scheduled with the "second shift" Slickstock boys.

Oh well.
Home sweet home.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Got home tonight. The fight between my son and my wife began immediately after the 6 hours of listening to bitching about coming home to a tornado warning and 42 deg. Fahrenheit. After the previous day's bitching about having to be home on the first.

Oh, how I wish I had a laugh session in the parking lot scheduled with the "second shift" Slickstock boys.

Oh well.
Home sweet home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXO7Ahkghvg
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Mhm. :?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

Johnny Canuck wrote:Mhm. :?

lol. whenever life gets you down, just flash back to foodstick and his bubbles impression. it has been working for me so far.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL! :lol: that works!!
Uncle Skip
United States of America

Post by Uncle Skip »

My trip home was very enjoyable and the time passed by way to fast.
I got to travel with the lovely Ms. Ruth Fischer up and back and we did pretty well.
I don't think anyone could have been a better traveling companion.
I know damn well my wife wouldn't have been so cheerful or good natured after being in a closed vehicle for 17 straight hours.
Thanks for a great trip Ruth.
U@ss
I'm not arguing with you. I'm just explaining why I'm right.
Pardon me. Does your deaug bite?
64Ranger

Post by 64Ranger »

Well...arrived home safe and sound on Sunday 9/5...3500 miles, 13 states and the truck ran perfectly...meeting up with 75+ great guys and wives...priceless.
Doug
Riverside, CA
grump

Post by grump »

finally got home last nite. Vacation was great and Slick Stock was the perfect way to start a vacation. Great meeting you all.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

grump, it was good to meet you as well. the fastest mailbox in kansas city has found it's home in my "man cave" down stairs.
thanks again for all your hard work on that and contributing to the slick stock cause!
always

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

this is Lyn- - - - We got back safely home yesterday -Thursday - after a
L-O-N-G trip sleep.gif Mac has gone to work today but I've no doubt he will fill in the details sometime over the weekend.

I had an absolute ball in Altoona ...... thanks heaps Darrell & Robbin for all the hard work you both did organising & running the event :thumright:

i miss you all.......................... love Lyn x
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

Well, Slick Stock is officially over now. everyone is back home. Only 697 days to go...
"One Test Result is Worth One Thousand Expert Opinions" - Werner von Braun
PFM-64f100

Post by PFM-64f100 »

Casey 65 wrote:Well, Slick Stock is officially over now. everyone is back home. Only 697 days to go...

All you got left to do now is to get the clock runing again :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
64 F100 short bed-style side-460-c6-with side toolbox and Dakota Front Suspension
And a 65 CrewCab

Chris W.

The pickups
65 Crew Cab
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/CrewCab/index.html
64 F100
http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1964- ... index.html
The Torino project http://www.purpleflyingmonkey.com/1971- ... eFile.html
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yes we are home finally!, we left Mesquite Texas at 10.30 am on Monday and went shopping to fill in time before we flew out of DFW, we dropped the car off at about 2.pm and were to fly out at 7.30 pm, a 3.75 hour flight!, well wouldn`t you know it! the dash lights weren't working!!!!. 1.5 hours later! we were on our way again, all be it late!, we get into San Fran at 10.20.pm for our flight home at 11.10 pm F%$#@k, unbeknownst to us!, our baggage is to be forwarded on to our next flight, but we were waiting down at the baggage area waiting and panicking at the same time, then the bags stop coming and our`s aren't there!!!!, off over to the baggage service room and wait to be served. Finally she tells us that our bags are already on the plane and we`d better hurry we might miss the the plane!.
Our travel documents say that we fly out of San Fran from terminal 1, Nope that's a domestic flights only the international terminal is #3!, long story short we missed the flight! :( , so back to terminal 1 to take this up with American Airlines, some old fart serves us to start with and his is going with the line that we had 50 minutes to change flights and it`s not their fault someone didn't tell us the bag`s would be forwarded on!( their employee) who was distracted talking to another clerk about a missing ticket and didn't tell us the important part!.
Finally the supervisor gave in and booked us into a motel for the night, with tickets to fly to LAX in the morning and new ticket to fly home on Tuesday night at 10.30 pm!, we finally got to bed that night at 1.30 am and were up at 8am freshly showered with our dirty clothes back on and heading for the airport to fly out at noon!, we were not going to miss this little sucker! or the next!, in total we waited 12 hours for flights that day and then backed it up with a 14.5 hour flight home!, I went 11.5hour before I got out of my seat to go to the dunny!.
Oh!, did I mention our bags are still in the US as of Friday night your time!!!! but they have found them!.
I must say the great times we had with both old and new friends at Slickstock more than makes up for the flight home saga!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Oh yeah!, I forgot to mention I`m freezing down here!, only about 74f today! :cry:

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Anthony
United States of America

Post by Anthony »

you could have always thrown your hat in and said "forget it, I'm staying!!!!" and then you could have went and lived with Uncle Skip...... :lol: :lol:

Glad you and Lyn made it home safely Alan...albeit late......
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

yep SS is officially over now that everyone has made it home, we can put the clock back up. How many days was that again Gerry.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

It`s 9:45 am Sunday morning and the Airlines just rang, and said our bags will be delivered just after 11 this morning!, boy! is that a relief!, one bag has my SS4 plaque , a painting of Lenore that Robbin`s daughter did and Lyn`s new cowgirl boots!, OOOWEEE!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

I'm glad everything made it back OK. I've sure had some bad Airline experiences, but your's tops em all. You must have had a bunch of bags too for such a long trip.

All the best.
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Its good to hear from you guys even if your did have a bad time with the trip home. I hope all your possessions made it home in one piece. I just got back from South Bend IN. last night myself. Of course it was a short trip and I did not have to check any bags and only took carry on luggage. I am paranoid about checking bags as they always seem to loose them. On the shot trips I make to the meetings by the time they find the bags and deliver them to the hotel I am usually ready to leave to go back home or either have already left for home. Glad you are safely home and look forward to seeing you two years from now if not sooner.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.