truckrat needs your help

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

truckrat needs your help

Post by Kid »

Gary is trying to convince his wife Marla to attend SS with him this Year. Can any of the women who attended please send her an E Mail as to how much fun she would have. Gary, can you post her E Mail addy for the women, Thanks...............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lyn
Australia

Re: truckrat needs your help

Post by Lyn »

Hi Marla,
I’m sending this to encourage you to make the trip to Kansas City in August for SS5. I have been to the last two, God willing & the creeks don’t rise, I won’t miss another one. It’s a fun, relaxed & friendly atmosphere where those who are Slick enthusiasts, can (and do) talk trucks etc till the wee small hours, while their better halves & kids who are very welcome, hang about gasbagging and have been known to do the odd bit of retail therapy. The only thing that drowns out the sound of laughter is the revving of the trucks.
I’m sure you will kick yourself for not going before because like Mike Kimbrell said when asked what was going on “It’s a Family Reunion”
Hoping to meet you in Kansas City
kind regards,
Lyn
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

Hi there Marla,
What a fun time to share stories with others that understand Slickitis. I've made so many friends and great to meet face to face after hearing about or reading posts. Fun seeing everyone enjoying themselves and I've never felt more welcome no matter who you go sit by. It's great seeing all ages and types of folks loving those trucks. Best time Ever!! We'll be looking forward to seeing you again. Even the trip up there was a blast with our convoy we did with the Houston crew last time.
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

marla, my wife is in no way whatsoever a truck or car person. she barely attended the first kc slick stock...and we live about ten miles south of there. however, she did attend the iowa slick stock and had a blast. i think she and a few of the other women stayed up chatting until the wee hours of the morning on saturday/sunday. she is looking forward to attending this next one too. kathy and robbin and the other women really line up a bunch of great "girl things" so that trucks don't dominate your alls weekend. unless you want them to. lol.
i hope to see you this summer! i am confident that you will have a great time. -chris (tara's husband).
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

for me the worst part of slickstock is that my wife cannot come, regardless of wanting badly to do so as someone must remain here to care for her mom and feed the animals.

Terry even has her own truck and all members should get the chance to go.i would give my spot to her but she would not go without me.

Marla, you should go if for no other reason than you can and i do really think you would have a great time.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Ok ladies, you can send your E-mails to Marla at....
Truckrat1@gmail.com
I will check it every day and then have her read them.
I appreciate your efforts to get her to come with me.
I know she'll have fun at Slick Stock.
All of you already know how fun it is.
Gary (Truckrat)