SlickStock cook out

This is for the Wives and spouses of members here to act as a support group

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

SlickStock cook out

Post by Kid »

Ladies we can put together a menu for one nite of SlickStock. We will have a big grill and I can get a smoker and more gas grills if needed and a few camp stoves. We can get as many coolers together as possible to store anything that might need refrigerated. I was thinking burgers and brats like we did in York in 06. We had a great meal one nite and I think it cost everyone 10 bucks. We went on a cruise and fanatic collected the money and went shoppingand I think we ate 2 different nites on it. We will have a huge cookout and if we have what we had in York you will not go away hungry. We can be thinking about what we want on the grill as we go along....................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Good idea Darrell.
My mouth is watering just thinking about the burgers & brats - although we are having trouble getting proper brats over here - the butchers think Italian sausages are one & the same :roll: but we keep trying!
Lyn
Truckrat
United States of America

brats

Post by Truckrat »

Lyn, do you guys get Johnsonville Brats in Austrailia?
Thats what we always use, but it probably won't help you any if they don't get them there. Hmmmmmmmm...could those be shipped?????? TR shrug.gif
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Lyn, When you guys get here you will be out here at our place and I will get some fresh Brats and soak em in a beer batter and cook them on the grill, They are awsome. I wonder if there is a way to pack some in dry ice and see if I can get them to you...........Darrell
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
CelticPFM

Post by CelticPFM »

We can bring a (hard sided) cooler if needed, I think we brought our collapsible one last time and found out it sprung a leak! I don't mind bringing some ingredients along for the cookout, or tagging along on a shopping trip, etc. Chris wants me to get one of those griddles that goes on the stovetop--I just may do that and cook up some brats in the middle of Winter. It's been forever since I've had one, Chris isn't a fan of them due to the thick casings. There is an Eckrich brand of Skinless sausage that we switched to. I went to Oktoberfests growing up, and they bring back fun memories of Polka music. I learned German in school and actually may have some of that music sitting around if anyone wants me to bring it. I'm sure someone may have some Heinekens, Lowenbrau...Eins, Zwei, Gsuffa!
Boy Scout mom, Camp Gladiator fitness, and Running keep me busy.

"Just Breathe."
Lyn
Australia

Post by Lyn »

Darrell, if you keep talking about soaking Brats & having a BBQ we will come over earlier than Aug 2010, just to keep you in practice!

Gary, I have looked up Johnsonville Brats and it doesn't seem like we have them over here, and the closest thing I've seen in supermarkets are "New York HotDogs" & I can take them or leave them, but mac likes them. I am trying to find a smallgoods manufacturer that makes their own brats locally. Just emailed one to see if they sell to public direct. We did try BBQing brats ( or what the local butcher sold us as brats) but they were definately italian sausages,very garlicky & fatty but we will keep on searching, let you know how we go.

Jenny, I will tag along to the shopping trip, I just loved checking out all the great things in your supermarkets.
Lyn